Father Daughter Wedding Songs That Won't Leave a Dry Eye at the Reception
Mama may have her say on many of the wedding details, but this one’s just between you and Dad.
From the days of dancing on his feet to adorable father daughter dances at school, you and Dad have been practicing for this moment all of your life. It's finally here. Your father daughter dance. Though you may not have a dress that twirls quite like two-year-old tinkle toes you (gosh, we miss those!), we know you’ll be a whole ‘nother level of stunning for this sentimental moment with dad on the dance floor.
But, holding back the tears and making sure not to step on each other’s toes is the easy part. It’s picking out the perfect father daughter dance song for your wedding that’s tricky. The bond between a dad and his daughter is a beautiful thing, but it can be hard to put into words, let alone lyrics. Of all the love songs, past and present, it’s tough to find a song the pairs the perfect tempo with just the right sentiment for the love between a daddy and his little girl.
Don’t fret. We’re here to help with the song search. Grab dad, and turn on the tunes. Here are our top 25 father daughter dance songs.
Father Daughter Songs for Your Wedding Day
1. Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
2. My Girl – The Temptations
3. How Sweet it Is [To Be Loved By You] – James Taylor
4. You Are the Sunshine of My Life – Stevie Wonder
5. Sweet Pea – Amos Lee
6. Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World Medley – Israel “Iz” Ka’ano’I Kamakawiwo’ole
7. Have I Told You Lately – Rod Stewart
8. Songbird – Fleetwood Mac
9. Just the Way You Are – Billy Joel
10. My Little Girl – Tim McGraw
11. Forever Young – Bob Dylan
12. Moon River – Andy Williams
13. In My Life – The Beatles
14. Through the Years – Kenny Rogers
15. A Wink and a Smile – Harry Connick Jr.
16. Ain’t That Love – Ray Charles
17. Wildflowers – Tom Petty
18. Unforgettable – Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
19. Father and Daughter – Paul Simon
20. A Life That’s Good – Lennon and Maisy Stella
21. My Little Girl – Jack Johnson
22. My Wish – Rascal Flatts
23. Cinderella – Steven Curtis Chapman
24. When You Need Me – Bruce Springsteen
25. You Are My Sunshine – Johnny Cash
26. Gracie – Ben Folds
27. The Wonder of You – Elvis
28. It Had to Be You – Ray Charles
29. Today I Give My Daughter Away – Dale Watson & His Lone Stars
30. Daddy's Little Girl – Michael Bublé
You May Also Be Interested In:
Once you've found your favorite, take dad for a spin, but don't practice too much. The last thing you need to worry about in the emotion of the moment is an overly choreographed dance. Happy dancing!