Events Calendar: South Carolina
A schedule of events happening around South Carolina.
- Featured: Holiday Festival Of Lights, Charleston, November 13-January 3 Drive slowly as you pass nearly 600 elaborate light displays on a 3-mile road through James Island County Park. holidayfestivaloflights.com or 843-795-4386
- Featured: Christmasville In Rock Hill, Rock Hill, December 3-6 Main Street gets in the spirit. christmasvillerockhill.com or 803-329-8756
Columbia Christmas Pageant Columbia, First Baptist Church of Columbia, Dec. 10-13. firstbaptistcolumbia.com or 803-256-4251.
Meggett Christmas Tree Festival Meggett, Dec. 5-6. 843-889-3622.
1860 Candlelight Tours Charleston, Edmondston-Alston House, Dec. 4,11. middletonplace.org or 843-722-7171.
Middleton Place Family Yuletide Charleston, Dec. 12. middletonplace.org or 843-556-6020.
Grand Illumination Charleston, Dec. 18. middletonplace.org or 843-556-6020.
- Featured: Fall Bulb Sale, Columbia, November 7. Impress the neighbors next spring―plant the best bulbs now.
- Featured: Marion duPont Scott Colonial Cup, Camden, November 21. The state’s horse country tradition is on display at Springdale Race Course.
- Featured: Chitlin’ Strut, Salley, November 28. You won’t find more unique fun than this celebration of a Southern delicacy that’s definitely an acquired taste. Music, a parade, and a chitlin’ eating contest round out the experience.
Holiday Open House, Chapin, November 5-8. 803-345-1100
Saint Nicholas Festival, Conway, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, November 7. 843-248-4706
Taste of the Season, Hilton Head Island, Sea Pines Country Club, November 13. 800-523-3373
Dinner Theater: Hobey Ford presents “Animalia,” North Charleston, November 20. 843-740-5854