Our favorite surprise find, this gorgeous lake sits about 30-45 minutes from Sevierville.
If you love the water, it's worth the trek. Boating, swimming, water skiing, and fishing await right at your doorstep. All three properties listed here have gorgeous mountain and lake views, plus access to boating, water-skiing, fishing, and swimming in Douglas Lake. (Note: The lake levels draw down during off-season months, but it's still safe to boat.)
1. Mountain Top Resorts: www.mountaintopresorts.com or 1-800-490-7450
- Highlights: Cabins available with lakefront views, mountain scenery, and playground facilities. Renters at all resort within Mountain Top Rentals have access to private amenities at Douglas Lake Resort. Some pet-friendly units.
- Resort community: Cabins available in Eagle Springs Resort, Lone Branch Resort, and Douglas Lake Resort.Access to shared boat launches and docks at Douglas Lake. Cabins have from one to eight bedrooms.
- Location: resort complexes throughout Sevier county, located west of Pigeon Forge. Cabins also available in greater Pigeon Forge area.
- Price of one-bedroom cabin: $99-$175, plus $200 refundable security deposit, and $45 nonrefundable pet fee. Note: Daily maid service is available for $20 per day. Book through their Web site and receive a 30% discount.
2. Paradise Landing Resort: www.paradiselandingresort.com or 1-888-778-6287
- Highlights: Cabins close to Douglas Lake, some with private docks (others with shared access to resort dock, launch ramp, and limited boat slips).
- Resort community: about 10 cabins in rental program. Cabins have one to four bedrooms.
- Location: On Lake Douglas, east of Knoxville in Dandridge. About 30-40 minutes drive from Sevierville.
- Price of one-bedroom cabin: $100-$140.
3. Smoky Mountain Lake Vacations: www.smokymountainlake.com or 1-800-839-5253
- Highlights: Lakefront cabins, some with private docks and/or boat ramps. Some pet-friendly units. Some rentals have private pools.
- Cabins: 30 individually owned cabins scattered around Lake Douglas. Some cabins lack key amenities (hot tubs, game rooms) but make up for it with lakefront access.
- Location: on Lake Douglas, east of Knoxville
- Price of one-bedroom cabin: $135-$295