We've uncovered some of the best shopping discounts and steals across the South and saved hundreds in the process.
Best Places to Find Bargains
Some shopping deals make you feel smart. Others are so good, you almost feel like a thief. We've uncovered some of the best steals across the South and saved hundreds in the process.
- Ballard Designs Outlets: Tampa and Jacksonville, Florida; Atlanta and Roswell, Georgia
- What they offer: Discounts on the same linens, accessories, and furniture as you find in the esteemed catalog
- What we bought: Josie 8' x 12' rug, Retail price: $679 We paid: $475
- We saved: $204
- Wisteria Outlet: Carrollton, Texas, (972) 919-3622
- What they offer: Eclectic and vintage designs in furniture and accessories from the catalog, all for less
- What we bought: Green distressed candelabra, Retail price: $60 We paid: $35
- We saved: $25
- Horchow Finale: Plano, Texas, (972) 519-5406
- What they offer: Huge savings on last-season's items from Neiman Marcus
- What we bought: Gucci plastic frame sunglasses, Retail price: $350 We paid: $130
- We saved: $220
- Blenko Glass Co. Factory Outlet Store: Milton, West Virginia, (304) 743-9081
- What they offer: Handblown glass designs―from pitchers and glasses to bookends―direct from the source, for less
- What we bought: The ever-popular #384 Water Bottle, Retail price: $42 We paid: $14
- We saved: $28
- Justin Boot Co. Outlet: El Paso, Texas, (915) 779-5465
- What they offer: Tremendous selection of handmade boots from the iconic company, at cheaper prices than you can find in a traditional retail store
- What we bought: Justin Coffee Westerner with Saddle boots, Retail price: $199 We paid: $129
- We saved: $70
Tibi Outlet: St. Simons Island, Georgia, (912) 638-1221
What they offer: Women's fashions from the colorful brand worn by celebs such as Reese Witherspoon―all discounted
What we bought: Graphic-print dress, Retail price: $385 We paid: $90
We saved: $295
Two Don't-Miss Annual Sales
Mary Norton, Charleston (September)
Find elegant designer handbags (such as the one at left) discounted from 70% to 90%. You can't count on what will be available and you'll have a lot of competition, but you could conceivably go home with an $895 purse for only $100. For details on this year's Sample Sale, visit www.marynorton.com.
Duh for Garden and Home, Pensacola (December)
One of the best garden and home accessory stores in Florida, Duh hosts an annual three-day sale between Christmas and New Year's, with discounts that get steeper by the day. The first day, everything's 25% off; day two, 50%; the last day, 75%. You could buy an Italian terra-cotta face pot, normally $89, for $45.