5 Days in the Outer Banks
Through July and August, Sanderling Resort is offering guests a special offer - buy four nights and enjoy the fifth night complimentary. Duck, North Carolina presents a stunning backdrop to this Outer Banks resort that's also a member of our Southern Living Hotel Collection.
To help you plan your trip, Sanderling outlined a full five day itinerary here, but below are a few highlights:
- Stop by Kitty Hawk Kites for a hang gliding or kite flying lesson on Jockey's Ridge
- Explore the Wright Brothers' Memorial and the Bodie Island Lighthouse
- Stretch your legs at the Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Make a quick stop at "Rodanthe" – a home made famous by Nicholas Sparks' novel "Nights in Rodanthe"
- Enjoy the exquisite views from the top of the Cape Hatteras lighthouse
- Spend the morning relaxing at the Spa at Sanderling or at the resort's pool
- Take a bike ride into the town of Duck and explore the waterfront shops
- Check out Outer Banks Distilling, home to "Kill Devil Rum," for a tour and tasting
- Plan your evening around "The Lost Colony" – a must-see outdoor drama while on the Outer Banks
- Drive 10 miles north to Corolla for an off-road tour of horses in their natural habitat
- Trek up 214 steps to the top of the Currituck Lighthouse for a 360 degree view of the sound and ocean
If this itinerary seems to strike your fancy, you'll want to go ahead and reserve your stay to receive the resort's summer special!