Heading to Palm Beach, the preppy-set paradise? This sunny coastal community is as much about retail therapy as it is rest and relaxation on the beach (or by The Breakers pool--take your pick.) You'll find fabulous fashions, and even luxurious bargains, at every turn. Here are our don't miss Palm Beach shops.
1. House of Lavande Jewelry. Palm Beach native Tracy Smith’s opulent but approachable gem of a store mixes island casual and old-world glamour. The glimmering shop, which feels a bit like an oversize jewelry box, specializes in vintage pieces. 340 Royal Poinciana Way; 561/ 802-3737
2. Joy of Palm Beach. This spot features resort-wear from designers such as Jude Connally, Sail to Sable, and the house Joy line. Plus, bright accessories. Living up to its name, the shop spreads joy by letting customers select a local cause and then making a donation equaling five percent of the sales price. 233 Royal Poinciana Way; 561/833-4569
3. The Embassy Goodwill Boutique. Thanks to posh Palm Beach snowbirds wishing to see and be seen—but never in the same outfit twice—the island offers a bevy of resale stores with (lightly worn) luxury goods at reduced prices. Our favorite is this not-your-average Goodwill, which offers high-end clothing and accessories such as Pucci scarves at a steal. 210 Sunset Avenue; 561/832-8199
4. Island Home. This interiors boutique stocks breezy decorative elements and furniture made from natural materials. You’ll love the exquisite throw pillows and nautical knickknacks. 249 Royal Poinciana Way; 561/ 832-6244
5. C. Orrico. Sisters Casey, Kathie, and Colleen Orrico opened their Palm Beach boutique in 1985 and quickly became the world’s first flagship store for the island’s grande dame of design—Lilly Pulitzer. You’ll find other cheery lines, too, such as Preppy Girl, Just Madras, and Palm Beach Sandal Company. Plus, we can’t help but be charmed by a shop that keeps a pink bike parked out front. 336 South County Road; 561/659-7820
6. Sequin. No trip to Palm Beach is complete without a stroll down Worth Avenue, Florida’s answer to Rodeo Drive. After window-shopping at the likes of Hermes and Jimmy Choo, stop in Sequin, the street’s most affordable shop where you’ll find statement costume jewelry. 330 South County Road; 561/833-7300