How many have you been to?
It's no easy feat to pick our favorite tourist attractions in the South. From white-sand beaches to fascinating home tours, our part of the country has no shortage of jaw-dropping outdoor experiences and unique history.
Recently, Reader's Digest shared "The Most Popular Tourist Attraction in Every State" which got our wheels turning with some serious travel inspiration. While there were some no-brainers (Disney World and Bourbon Street), some of the most frequented tourist spots in our neck of the woods left us quite surprised. Below, we've shared their list for every state in the Southern U.S.. What is your home state's go-to?
WATCH: Weird Southern Tourist Spots
- Alabama: Alabama Gulf Coast Beaches
- Arkansas: Hot Springs National Park
- Delaware: Rehoboth Beach
- Florida: Disney World
- Georgia: Georgia Aquarium
- Kentucky: Kentucky Bourbon Trail
- Louisiana: Bourbon Street/French Quarter
- Maryland: Annapolis/U.S. Naval Academy
- Mississippi: Vicksburg National Military Park
- Missouri: Gateway Arch
- North Carolina: Biltmore Estate
- Oklahoma: National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum
- South Carolina: Charleston History Tour
- Tennessee: Graceland
- Texas: Best of Austin Tour
- Virginia: Colonial Williamsburg
- West Virginia: Bridge Day
So how many of these attractions have you been to? Feeling like it's not enough? Hey, that road trip isn't going to go ahead and plan itself.