Top 5 Happy Hours in Birmingham
Pictured above: Chuy's Prickly Pear & Mango Swirl Margarita
Whether you're a college student balling on a budget or a date night couple looking to save some pennies here and there, check out our top choices for a happy hour you're sure to enjoy!
- Chuy's – Weekdays 4-7 p.m. including a "pimped out nacho bar" complete with taco meat, beans, queso, salsa, and the ultimate chip dipper: creamy jalapeño (also known as Creamy J). $4.50 house margaritas and $3 domestic beers. Nothing beats that! chuys.com
- Babalu Tacos & Tapas – Although Babalu is known for their killer tableside guac and tasty tacos, head on over to this Spanish-style tapas restaurant and delight in a post-work drink with your closest buddies. Monday through Friday, 4-6 p.m. $1 off draft beer, $4 sangria, $5 house wine & well drinks, and don't forget the 2 buck tacos. babalutacos.com
- Cantina Laredo - Just a couple of miles away from Regions Field, head to Cantina Laredo for pre-dinner cocktails before a Birmingham Barons baseball game. Found in the recently established Uptown area, this restaurant has all your bases covered - from gluten-free to healthy and fresh, pick a seat on the rooftop patio for a great summer evening. Happy hour includes a Thursday night Ladies' Night with half priced house margs. Add flavors such as pomegranate, mango, strawberry, etc. for a few extra cents you won't even miss. cantinalaredo.com
- FIVE Bar Birmingham - Ladies' Night at FIVE is every Thursday: 1/2 price select drinks, 1/2 price house wine, and most importantly- $5 signature cocktails. five-bar.com
- Avo & Dram - Located in the heart of Mountain Brook Village, this chic-and-happening restaurant gives you the best of both worlds. Shorthand for avocado, Avo (located upstairs) provides restaurant-goers with a lighter side of fares including kale caesar salad and fresh fish tacos; on the other hand, Dram (Scottish for a pour of whiskey) offers pimiento cheese burgers and bar bites such as nuts or truffle fries. Specials you ask? Tuesday: half-price beers and well & call drinks. Sunday: half-price bottles of wine. And last but not least, 2-for-1 beers and well & call drinks during Happy Hour until 6 on Monday, Wednesday-Friday. avorestaurant.com