The Most Popular Places to Propose Around the World
That's a whole lot of Disney love.
The perfect proposal must always take place in the perfect location.
Every proposal is unique, but there are a few spots around the world that tend to attract lovers looking to “put a ring on it,” as they say. For instance, the Eiffel Tower and Niagara Falls are popular places where you might catch someone popping the question.
Wedding website Hitched.co.uk was able to round up these romantic spots by analyzing data from Instagram — more specifically by collecting posts that included common hashtags you might see from a newly engaged friend, like #engaged, #shesaidyes, or #bridetobe.
WATCH: Love Disney World? You Can Now Live There—Like Royalty
Using this data, the website found the top 10 landmarks where couples officially decided to spend the rest of their lives together. It also calculated how often couples end up getting engaged there, in case that sways your decision.
If you’re thinking about buying a diamond anytime soon, you might consider these romantic places to ask those four little words.
- Disneyland, Paris – one in 500 proposals
- Walt Disney’s Magic Kingdom, Florida – one in 555 proposals
- Centennial Lakes Park, Minnesota – one in 625 proposals
- Eiffel Tower, Paris – one in 679 proposals
- The Hollywood Sign, Los Angeles – one in 1,000 proposals
- Central Park and Brooklyn Bridge, New York – in joint 6th place, one in 1,111 proposals
- Niagara Falls, Ontario – 1 in 1,250 proposals
- Walt Disney’s Epcot Park, Florida – one in 1,428 proposals
- Big Bear Lake, California – one in 1,666 proposals
- Bondi Beach, Sydney – one in 2,000 proposals