The Most Popular Ponytail on Pinterest
Hint: It's as simple as changing your part.
While you may think of a ponytail as being the hairstyle you wear to run errands or workout in, simply changing up the part (go down the center), and placement (position it low) can instantly make it look chic and pulled together. It may sound simple, but "middle part ponytails" is being searched 50 percent more than last year on Pinterest so we're not the only ones who love the classic look. The best news is that it looks even better on dirty hair when it has more texture.
Here's how to get the look:
- Start by spritzing in a texturizing spray or dry shampoo from roots to ends.
- Part hair down the middle then pull it back tightly into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with a clear or neutral-toned hair tie.
- If your hair is straight, add in some texture to the length of your ponytail with a curling iron, and finish with a texturizing spray.
- For a more relaxed finish, pull out some pieces around your face and pull down the hair tie to loosen the ponytail.
- Feeling like your part is too wide or your scalp is too prominent? A celeb stylist secret is to fill it in a little with root touch up. We love Color Wow Root Cover Up ($34.50; ulta.com).
This Story Originally Appeared On Real Simple