How to Make Jennifer Garner’s Favorite Breakfast
Garner shared her go-to breakfast recipe on her Instagram #PretendCookingShow.
It’s no secret we love following Jennifer Garner’s #PretendCookingShow on Instagram, and we were thrilled to discover her go-to breakfast recipe in her latest episode. Her favorite oatmeal dish, which she says is inspired by a Taste of Home recipe, takes less than 10 minutes and is made with simple, wholesome ingredients. We’d like to think this is a nod to her favorite cooking inspiration, Ina Garten, who has eaten oatmeal every day for over a decade.
WATCH: How Jennifer Garner is Keeping Her Mom's Memories Alive
We love Garner’s honest, balanced approach to cooking and healthy eating—from her amazing lunchbox salad to kid-friendly granola—and this cozy apple oatmeal recipe looks like a nutritious and tasty way to start the day. Here’s how to make it:
Jennifer Garner’s Favorite Oatmeal Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- Dash salt
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- Maple syrup and/or milk of your choice, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add the apples, oats, and salt; cook and sit for five minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Cover and let stand for two minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with almonds. Serve with maple syrup/milk, if desired.