Southerners take life at a slower, more relaxed pace than most – so it's no wonder that we absolutely love to spend time at elegant resorts. These ten spots have luxury spas, incredible food, and gorgeous scenic views. At the Omni Homestead Resort in Virginia, guests can soak in the natural hot springs. If you're a fan of the green, you'll want to check out the golf courses at The Sanctuary on Kiawah Island. For the glitz and glam of Music City, take a trip to Opryland in Nashville. And, of course, for the beach lovers – you can spend a sunny day on one of the many coasts. You voted – here are the top-rated resorts in the South.
10. Omni Amelia Island Plantation; Amelia Island, Florida
Situated on 1,350 acres, guests can enjoy a day at the beach, on the links, or kayaking through preserved marshlands.
9. Beau Rivage; Biloxi, Mississippi
Situated on the Gulf Coast, the Beau Rivage offers guests Vegas-style flash with Southern hospitality.
8. The Greenbrier; White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia
A National Historic Monument, The Greenbrier has been hosting guests since 1778.
7. The Omni Homestead Resort; Hot Springs, Virginia
Guests can soak in two natural hot springs that flow into this resort.
6. The Cloister; Sea Island, Georgia
This five-star resort has fine dining, elegant accommodations, golf, and a private beach.
5. The Sanctuary; Kiawah Island, South Carolina
Just minutes from Charleston, resort visitors have access to 90 holes of championship golf.
4. Lake Austin Spa Resort; Austin, Texas
A stay at this all-inclusive spa resort sits includes gourmet meals and endless activities.
3. Grand Hotel Marriott Resort; Point Clear, Alabama
Overlooking the Mobile Bay, this hotel features a 20,000-square-foot European spa.
2. Blackberry Farm; Walland, Tennessee
The intimate luxury hotel is situated on a 4,200-acre estate in the Great Smoky Mountains.
1. Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center; Nashville, Tennessee
With nearly 20 restaurants, the state’s largest spa, and an indoor river ride, this four-star resort is its own little world.