Some species are weedy, but those listed here (from southern Europe and Turkey) are garden plants with long-lasting daisylike or buttonlike flowers. Many-segmented leaves are aromatic, especially when bruised. Provide good drainage.
anthemis carpatica(Anthemis cretica carpatica)
- Zones US, MS, LS, CS; USDA 6-9.
- Forms low, 2 feet-wide mounds of green to gray-green foliage.
- Stems about 6 inches high rise from foliage clumps in spring and summer, bearing 112 inches., white daisies with yellow centers.
- See Chamaemelum nobile
- Zones US, MS, LS; USDA 6-8.
- Erect, shrubby plant to 23 feet tall and wide, with angular stems, light green leaves, and golden yellow, 2 inches daisies in summer and early fall.
- Good cut flower.
- Cut back lightly after first flush of bloom to keep flowers coming.
- Short lived; start new plants from stem cuttings in spring or divide clumps in spring or fall.
- Selections include 'Beauty of Grallagh', with flowers in golden orange; 'E.
- Buxton', white with yellow centers; 'Kelwayi', golden yellow; and 'Moonlight', pale yellow.