Our Best Barbecue Side DishesFrom potato salad to hush puppies, prepare these delicious dishes.
Some species are weedy, but those listed here (from southern Europe and Turkey) are garden plants with long-lasting daisylike or buttonlike flowers. Many-segmented leaves are aromatic, especially when bruised. Provide good drainage.
anthemis carpatica(Anthemis cretica carpatica)
- Zones US, MS, LS, CS; USDA 6-9.
- Forms low, 2 feet-wide mounds of green to gray-green foliage.
- Stems about 6 inches high rise from foliage clumps in spring and summer, bearing 112 inches., white daisies with yellow centers.
- See Chamaemelum nobile
- Zones US, MS, LS; USDA 6-8.
- Erect, shrubby plant to 23 feet tall and wide, with angular stems, light green leaves, and golden yellow, 2 inches daisies in summer and early fall.
- Good cut flower.
- Cut back lightly after first flush of bloom to keep flowers coming.
- Short lived; start new plants from stem cuttings in spring or divide clumps in spring or fall.
- Selections include 'Beauty of Grallagh', with flowers in golden orange; 'E.
- Buxton', white with yellow centers; 'Kelwayi', golden yellow; and 'Moonlight', pale yellow.