Watch 5 Heartwarming Moments from the “Hand in Hand” Hurricane Relief Telethon
From a George Strait medley to a visibly emotional Selenz Gomez sharing a moving message, here’s what you have to watch from last night’s telethon.
Last night’s “Hand in Hand” benefit for hurricane relief raised more than $44 million for hurricane victims. It also stirred at our emotions more times than we count in a one-hour window.
The event featured appearances from Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Matthew McConaughey, Oprah Winfrey, Will Smith, Leonardo Dicaprio, and more, along with an impressive lineup of musical performances ranging from Dave Matthews to Demi Lovato.
But helping our friends in Texas, and now Florida, can’t end with an hour-long telethon. Feeling uplifted and hopeful from the benefit show, we’re feeling more inspired than ever to pitch in. Here are five ways to help Hurricane Harvey victims now and a guide to helping Floridians recover from Irma’s wrath.
WATCH: Houston Strong—See Incredible Everyday Heroes Help Save Lives Through Hurricane Harvey
Below, we’ve gathered a few of our favorite moments and performances from the show. You probably already know this, but grab the tissues.
1. Stevie Wonder sings goosebumps-worthy cover of ‘Lean on Me’ with Houston gospel choir.
2. Texas-native Selena Gomez shares teary-eyed message about the Saldivar family tragedy.
3. Brad Paisley, Darius Rucker, Demi Lovato and CeCe Winans take on Joe Cocker’s version of the Beatles’ ‘With a Little Help From My Friends.’
4. George Strait, Miranda Lambert, Robert Earl Keen, Lyle Lovett, and Chris Stapleton perform Strait’s ‘If It Wasn’t for Texas’ and ‘I Believe.’
5. Blake Shelton teams up with Usher for soulful ‘Stand by Me’ duet.
You can watch the entire telethon on youtube here.