The Secret to Kate Middleton’s Shiny Royal Wedding Hair
And how you can recreate it at home.
All eyes were on the bride, Meghan Markle, during her gorgeous Saturday wedding to Prince Harry, but we’d be remiss to not mention the other star of the day: Kate Middleton’s hair.
Shiny and expertly coiffed, the Duchess of Cambridge was serving up hair goals once again over the weekend. And luckily for us, Adam Reed, Global Ambassador of British hair care company, ghd, was able to share the process behind her shiny locks with Marie Claire UK. You better believe we’re filing away these tips for the next wedding we attend.
Scroll down for Reed’s tips for recreating the Duchess’ flawless hair at home:
1. Prep your hair with the ghd Curl Hold Spray ($19; amazon.com), for long lasting hold and heat protection.
2. Create a side part and blow dry for a glossy base, which will hold and reflect shine throughout the day, using the ghd Air Hairdryer, ($120; amazon.com). Make sure the finish is super smooth by brushing it out. Kate used ghd’s new Oval Dressing Brush, ($40; neimanmarcus.com).
3. Next, add loose soft waves and bends throughout the hair with the ghd Gold Styler ($155; amazon.com), angling the iron vertically for an elongated wave.
WATCH: Kate Middleton Is 'Absolutely Thrilled' About Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Engagement
4. Style to the ends of the hair, moving in the same direction for each section so that when they are brushed out it creates an even-bodied wave and smoother look.
5. Finish with a spritz of hairspray for shine and hold, and add the floral hat to align with the part.