Google's Top Trending Recipe for 2018 Is a Southern Classic
Sorry, biscuits, better luck next year.
What's sweet, and nutty, and Southern all over? Pecan pie, of course.
It seems the beloved dessert really rose in its mainstream appeal this year, securing its spot as the top trending recipe search term on Google for this year. To determine what's "trending," Google used an algorithm that compares the percentage increase in searches for a specific term over a specified time period, in this case, 2018 as compared to 2017. (It's worth noting that Google also implemented a minimum threshold to limit queries with very small search volume from appearing on their 2018 trending list). In addition to recipes, Google also shared the top trending searches in the food and wedding categories, with unicorn cake and the royal wedding each coming in first in their respective arenas.
Scroll down to see the top 10 trending list for recipes below.
WATCH: How To Make Pecan Pie
Google's Top Trending Recipe Searches for 2018
- Pecan pie recipes
- Try our Pecan Pie recipe
- Hummingbird food recipes
- Meatloaf recipes
- Try our Easy Boarding House Meatloaf recipe
- Beef Stroganoff recipes
- Try our Beef Stroganoff Over Egg Noodles recipe
- Pork chops recipe
- Try our Fontina-Stuffed Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes recipe
- Chicken parmesan recipe
- Scalloped potatoes recipe
- Try our Classic Parmesan Scalloped Poatoes recipe
- Lasagna recipes
- Try our Extra-Easy Lasagna recipe
- Brussel Sprout recipes
- Try our Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Shallots recipe
- Snickerdoodle cookie recipes
- Try our Brown Butter Snickerdoodles recipe
One trending dinner of scalloped potatoes, lasagna, and pecan pie coming right up. We guess salad can wait until 2019, ladies and gents.