The Food Network's Halloween Lineup Looks Absolutely Amazing This Year
It's almost time for Halloween, and while trick or treating is looking very different this year in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, there's still plenty of great Food Network shows to lose yourself in for a while. Whether you're all about The Pioneer Woman or can't get enough of ogling at amazing Halloween cakes, there's something for everyone. Below, five shows we're looking forward to tuning into this month.
- Worst Cooks in America: Halloween Redemption On Sunday, October 18 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, watch chefs Anne Burrell and Carla Hall lead a cohort of not-so-talented chefs through a series of challenges. The winner will get a $5,000 kitchen makeover and eternal pride for their culinary transformation.
- The Pioneer Woman Per The Pioneer Woman's website, "Viewers can look forward to plenty of thrills and chills [during the Food Network's Halloween programming] as they watch their favorite shows—yes, including The Pioneer Woman—unfold with some extra spooky twists." Though no official scheduling information has been revealed yet, we're guessing any Halloween-themed content from Drummond's Pawhuska, Oklahoma, ranch will hit our airwaves during her regular Saturday morning slot on the Food Network come October 31.
- Halloween Freakshow Cakes Cake enthusiasts, you're not going to want to miss this: Your new favorite cake-centric show has double premieres on Sunday, October 18 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT and Sunday, October 25 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT. Co-hosted by Vivian Chan and Zac Young, watch incredibly talented cake artists bring to life their scariest creations. The winning guy or ghoul goes home with $10,000 and the title of Halloween Freakshow Champion. And one serious sugar rush.
- Special Halloween-themed episodes of your favorite shows In addition special series, Food Network fans can kick back and relax in Halloween Land with the stars of some of their most beloved shows. This season, there will be Halloween-themed episodes of The Big Bake, along with special themed episodes of Delicious Miss Brown, Girl Meets Farm, and The Kitchen on Food Network’s weekend daytime lineup. As we mentioned above, you can count Mrs. Drummond and her series in on this fun, too.
- Outrageous Pumpkins This delightful new pumpkin carving series debuted on Sunday, September 20th at 10 p.m. ET/PT, with more episodes airing on Sundays this month (check listings here). The four-part series is hosted by Alyson Hannigan and chronicles the excitement and pressure of seven pumpkin pros vying for the title of Outrageous Pumpkin Champion and a chance to win $25,000. Puppeteer and artist Terri Hardin and master pumpkin carver Ray Villafane serve as judges in this fast-paced and fun competition.
Who's excited to watch any and all of the above? We have a feeling we're going to have to peel ourselves away from our October book club to make time for Ree, Carla, and the rest of the Food Network crew.
WATCH: Amazon's Best-Selling Pumpkin Kit Has All the Tools You Need To Carve a Festive Jack-o'-lantern
We don't know about you, but we're very excited to enjoy these entertaining series and get our minds off the state of the world for a while. Which reminds us, we've got a doorway to deck out right about now.