You'll Never Guess the Secret Ingredient in Chick-fil-A's Spring Chicken Salad Recipe
But you're gonna LOVE it.
String beans. Arugula. Mango. Every home cook has their own special riff on the chicken salad that makes their rendition shine. But here's one that may even surprise seasoned home cooks: Lemonade.
Yes, lemonade. Skeptical? The culinary maestros at Chick-fil-A vouch for the unconventional addition in a new recipe posted on their blog, The Chicken Wire. Chef Stuart Tracy at Chick-fil-A's test kitchen cleverly marinates chicken for a quick hour in lemonade (from Chick-fil-A, of course), salt, and water, to imbue the salad with an added depth of flavor.
WATCH: Dear Chick-fil-A, Please Bring Back Our Carrot and Raisin Salad
The hearty salad also showcases English peas, fresh strawberries, carrots, radishes, and a garnish of toasted almonds. Then, it gets coated in a tangy Greek yogurt dressing with scallions and basil. Hungry? Get chirping, erm, chopping.
Chick-fil-A's Spring Chicken Salad
Servings 2 Meals or 4 Side Salads
Chicken (Allow 1 hr for the chicken to marinate)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- ¼ cup Chick-fil-A Lemonade
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- 6 oz. butter lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup frozen English peas
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 strawberries, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoon toasted almonds, chopped
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 4-5 basil leaves, finely minced (plus more for the salad, if you like)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt