The nutty, cheesy filling spices up chicken breasts and is a snap to make. Toast the almonds in a skillet before you cook the chicken and you'll have just one pan to clean. Serve this one-dish dinner recipe from our friends at Well Done with a helping of couscous and some haricots verts.
- 1/3 cup light garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (such as Boursin light)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped, and divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
Combine spreadable cheese, 3 tablespoons almonds, and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley in a small bowl. Set aside.
Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket. Stuff 1 1/2 tablespoons almond mixture into each pocket; secure each pocket with a wooden pick. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; cover and let stand 2 minutes. Top chicken with remaining 1 tablespoon almonds and remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.