The Best Places to Eat in Louisville for Derby Weekend
With the Kentucky Derby this week, many of you are heading up to Louisville to take in the races and its surrounding festivities. That's why we tapped our most trusted Louis food source, Edward Lee, to share his top five picks for eating in the Derby City.
After you check into Edward's hotspots, 610 Magnolia and his new Southern-meets-Asian restaurant MilkWood, dive into the lauded chef's favorite off-the-clock eats.
1. Decca: "Chef-driven restaurant with great food, wonderful patio, and a nice neighborhood to walk around after you get all saucy."
2. Holy Grale: "Once you get tired of drinking Mint Juleps and fine wines, tuck into this neighborhood watering hole with unique artisan beers and yummy gastro-pub food."
3. The Comfy Cow: "Indulge in the best ice cream shop in town with both classic and outrageous flavors like red velvet cake."
4. Garage Bar: "If you're still up late at night, head over to Garage Bar for a traditional Neopolitan wood-fired pizza and snappy bourbon drinks."
5. Jack Fry's: "Louisville's beloved and classic speakeasy dinner spot, complete with piano player and a loud and lively bar."
What are your favorite Louisville eats?