Secrets To Setting a Pretty Table For Every Spring Party
The Garden Party
The Theme: Set up outside, and gather the ladies for a lunch or Mother's Day brunch.
The Palette: Warm pinks mixed with cool blues and mint green
The Southern Touch: Tie a monogrammed napkin with a ribbon, and attach a place card.
The Styling Trick: Layers add character. Try a fig-leaf patterned runner and a cabbage-shaped tureen filled with peonies.
1. Anna Weatherley Anna's Palette Sky Blue Charger, $154; shopwhitedogwood.com
2. Anna Weatherley Anna's Palette Purple Orchid Dinner Plates, $98; shopwhitedogwood.com
3. Richard Ginori Amadeus Green Salad Plate, $56; replacements.com
4. Blue Pheasant Liliana Flatware 5-Piece Set in Polished Gold, $220; irwinribera.com
5. Bordallo Pinheiro Cabbage Tureen in Green Natural, from $125; homebello.com
6. Dinner Napkins with Elise Monogram Style, $130 for four; shoplettermade.com
7. Fig Leaf in Original on White, $166 per yard; peterdunhamtextiles.com
8. Portieux Vallerysthal Blue Opaline Wine Goblet, $250 for four; ginaglavin.com
9. Portieux Vallerysthal White Opaline Wine Glasses, $150 for eleven; etsy.com
The Derby Party
The Theme: Throw a Bluegrass bash with subtle nods to the Kentucky tradition.
The Palette: Emerald green, blush pink, and pops of rich brown and silver
The Southern Touch: Sip mint juleps, snack on cheese straws, and encourage guests to wear hats, of course.
The Styling Trick: Play up the party theme by attaching place cards to lightweight horseshoes.
The Pool Party
The Theme: Make a big splash by packing fun and thoughtful ideas into a casual, laid-back get-together.
The Palette: Vibrant coral, yellow, and aqua
The Southern Touch: Premixed signature drinks in your party colors keep things easy and fuss free.
The Styling Trick: Cheery accents—like star plates, confetti, striped straws, and pinwheel place cards— add whimsy on top of a mint green bistro table (shopterrain.com).