Get to Know Charleston Interior Designer Angie Hranowsky
- Q: What are your go-to shopping stops?
- I have two local favorites with the same owner: Antiques of South Windermere and 17 South Antiques.
- Q: Any favorite online haunts?
- That's easy: ebay.com and 1stdibs.com.
- Q: What makes a room Southern?
- Freshly cut hydrangeas and lots of them.
- Q: What is one thing every Southern home should have?
- A friendly smile is my only expectation.
- Q: What are three of your most-used design tips or tricks?
- 1. Paint is the least costly way to get the biggest transformation.
- 2. Mix up materials. If you have a lot of wood, try adding something glass. Mix up fabrics too—cotton with velvet, nubby with smooth.
- 3. It's all in the details. For me, a room is not finished until it has art and accessories.
- Q: Do you have a favorite paint color?
- A few of my current favorites are Pratt & Lambert's Heather Dusk (30-19), Grape Hyacinth (31-24), and Anubis (32-17).
- Q: What are your top sources of design inspiration?
- Travel, textiles, design magazines, and fashion.