Around Your Home-Window Treatments
There are more options than ever to give your windows a beautiful new look.
Get a custom look without the custom wait. Our friends at Pate-Meadows Designs--the team behind the Southern Living Window Treatment patterns--offer almost instant gratification for would-be decorators. Their Curtains-To-Go line boasts gorgeous window panels in dupioni silk with dressmaker details, such as cotton lining and heavy cotton flannel interlining. We picked up the Julie Anne in wine. The buttons and piping in a contrasting fabric give these ready-made draperies a high-end look. Each single-width panel costs $300. You can also order hardware to hang your new panels as soon as they arrive. Orders typically are ready to ship within 48 hours, and you can even get overnight delivery. To see the entire collection, visit www.curtains-to-go.com.
Find the Right Combo
The curtain rod is the workhorse of the window treatment--without it you’d just have a puddle of fabric on the floor--but that doesn’t mean it can’t look good too. Kirsch has Mix & Match components to give your hardware as much style as the draperies. It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3.
- Choose a pole in one of four finishes: black, burnished brass, copper, or brushed pewter. The poles come in three telescoping sizes and one fixed width.
- Add finials. There are traditional ball finials and swirl ball finials in four finishes. Or opt for the Black Leather Cube for a mod look. Other designs include Checkered Wooden Ball, Mosaic Mother of Pearl, Burnished Brass Crackled Glass, and Frosted Swirl.
- Pick end caps from a choice of four finishes. Voilà! You have a look that is personalized for your home. Kirsch products are sold through retail stores and design professionals. Visit www.kirsch.com to locate a dealer near you.
Did You Know?
Draperies with blackout lining aren’t just good for shut-eye. The lining, which blocks nearly 100% of incoming light, reduces energy costs by adding insulation around your windows.
More From the Web
Finding ready-made window treatments online is easier than ever. Here are a few to try.
- Smith + Noble, www.smithandnoble.com
- The Silk Trading Co., www.silktrading.com
- DrapeStyle, www.drapestyle.com
"Around Your Home" is from the May 2008 issue of Southern Living.