Mod Podge Easter Eggs
Water balloons, kitchen supplies, and a little Mod Podge come together to make these vibrant eggs, perfect for centerpieces and tabletop accents.
-Colored tissue paper
-Mod Podge glue
-Colored raffia ribbon
-Nonstick cooking spray
-Wire cooling rack
1. Tear tissue paper into approximately 2- to 3-inch pieces.
2. Cut coordinating raffia into approximately 24-inch pieces – either 1 or 2 lengths.
3. Pour 1/8 cup of Mod Podge glue into the pie plate. (Add more as necessary.) Mix a little water with glue to thin it out a bit, but be careful not to make it too watery.
Steps 1 and 2
1. Blow the balloon up to an egg shape (should be bigger than an actual egg). Spray balloon with cooking spray.
2. Using your hands, dip the tissue paper into the glue mixture and press onto balloon. Repeat until the entire balloon is covered.
Steps 3 and 4
3. Dip the ribbon into the glue. Begin wrapping over the tissue paper.
4. After you’ve gotten the desired effect, sit the balloon eggs out to dry overnight on a wire cooling rack.
Steps 5 and 6
5. The next morning, pop the balloon with a needle or safety pin.
6. Place in a pretty glass bowl for your Easter table.