Here’s the list and description of each of the categories to be judged.
These categories are also find them listed on the Southern Home Awards entry form. Please remember to select only one box per entry:
- Best Community – We’re looking for that next great community or development that has yet to be discovered. And what a better way to get some recognition than by being featured in Southern Living!
- Best New Home – The title says it all; if you’ve got a brand-new home that has a total heated square footage less than 5,000 sq. ft., send it in!
- Best Before & After / Renovation – Before and afters hit home with our readers, and we’re always ready to see great examples, from impressive exterior makeovers and additions to room decorating makeovers that don’t require substantial structural changes. Renovations of older, historic homes are welcome as well. Remember, too, that ‘before’ plans and photos are a must!
- Best Kitchen – This category includes both new and remodeled/renovated kitchens, with an emphasis on clever details and features that make the homeowners’ cooking and prep efforts easier. Just be sure to include enough photos covering all the ideas!
- Innovation / “Earth-friendly – Because the “Green Movement” is all the rage these days, we want to highlight such thoughtful designs as well. Whether it’s a great use of a sustainable product, or an entire home dedicated to ‘giving the planet a helping hand,’ we’re looking for the best ideas.