Six Ways to Let Freedom Ring This Fourth of July at Disney World
Fourth of July and fireworks—what more could you ask for?
Nothing like the good old red, white, and blue—mixed with a bit of magic—to celebrate America's birthday. The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World puts on a show every night with its new 18-minute "Happily Ever After" fireworks display, but this year the theme park is pulling out all the stops to salute the nation. And Disney-goers, trust us, you're in for one fun-filled, patriotic experience!
Independence Day is only a week away. So if you're headed to the resort for summer vacation, here are some family-friendly activities to get your holiday off to a great start:
- "Disney's Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky" – Magic Kingdom celebrates the Fourth on two days, with a 14-minute fireworks spectacular choreographed to patriotic music. Expect the sky to be lit up for miles on both July 3 and July 4 at 9:00 p.m.
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth - Epcot will be hosting this laser light finale on July 4 at 9:00 p.m.
- If you love Disney characters, you won't want to miss your favorites dressed in patriotic costumes at the American Adventure Pavilion. And The Muppets Present...Great Moments in History is a must-see, where star muppets, such as Miss Piggy and Kermit, will reenact important moments in American history with a funny twist, of course. The live show is performed daily in Liberty Square.
- Flags and parades are practically synonymous with the Fourth. Show off your pride at the Flag Retreat at 5:00 p.m. each day in Town Square on Main Street! You can also experience the tramping of feet and the thunderous sounds of the beat at The Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade, which will be shown twice on both July 3 and July 4—once at noon and again at 3:30 p.m.
- Speaking of music, the sights and sounds of the Voices of Liberty will take your breath away. The a cappella group will perform traditional Americana songs during a Fourth of July concert at the America Gardens Theatre at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m., and 8:00 p.m.
- And if that's not enough, the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is hosting a holiday cookout on July 4 from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. Grilled steak and shrimp, hot dogs, baked beans, classic Southern sides, and specialty drinks are all on the menu. The Grand Floridian Marina will provide a sweet ending to the night with dessert and more fireworks. For reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE.
WATCH: Fourth of July Cookies
The magic of Disney World comes in all different forms. Thankfully, the theme park is aiming to stir a sense of pride in being American this Fourth of July, through its beloved characters, fireworks display, and delicious backyard fare.