Try our chicken selections cooked outdoors for a tasty meal with no fuss.
Grilling is a favorite way to cook during the summer. It doesn't heat up the house, it brings out the best in food, and afterward there's minimal cleanup. You can grill like the experts by following our Chicken Pointers.
- Place chicken quarters on grill with bony sides down. The bones act as heat conductors.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 180° for whole chicken, 170° for bone-in parts, and 160° for boneless parts. Juices should run clear when grilled chicken is pierced with a fork.
- Discard marinade in which uncooked chicken has sat; never use it on cooked meat.
- Do not leave cooked chicken at room temperature for more than two hours.
- Do not place cooked chicken on a plate where uncooked poultry has sat.