The 11 Best Dinnerware Sets for Serving Up Supper in Style
If you're like us, the right dinnerware can make all the difference when it comes to creating the perfect meal. Whether it's a solo night in front of the TV, a fancy dinner date, or a casual outdoor family picnic, the plates, bowls, and platters you serve your food on help set the mood for any occasion.
However, a good dinnerware set should do more than just look pretty. It should be practical (not too heavy), durable (no one likes a chipped plate), and, most importantly, easy to clean (who has time for scrubbing?). Your dinnerware should also be versatile, so you can easily add on or replace pieces as your family grows or if something breaks.
If you've found yourself in the market for a new dinnerware set, a few questions probably come to mind. How many plates do I really need? Should I go for stoneware or porcelain? Who makes the best dinnerware sets? And, of course, what's my budget?
We recently scoured the internet in search of the best dinnerware sets to fit a wide range of price points and styles. We looked at hundreds of customer reviews and found that most buyers prefer sets that include large dinner plates, smaller salad plates, and bowls for serving cereal, pasta, soup, or a few scoops of ice cream. And there are plenty of options to choose from.
Here are the 11 best dinnerware sets you can buy online, according to customer reviews:
- Best Quality: Gibson Soho Lounge Dinnerware Set
- Best in White: Euro Ceramica White Essential Dinnerware Set
- Best Porcelain: Wayfair Basics Porcelain Dinnerware Set
- Best Stoneware: Sango Siterra Painter's Palette Dinnerware Set
- Best for Everyday: Pfaltzgraff Trellis Dinnerware Set
- Best Modern Design: Casafina Modern Classic Dinnerware Set
- Best Square Set: Better Homes & Garden Square Porcelain Dinnerware Set
- Most Affordable: Safdie & Co. Dinnerware Set
- Best Value: Mikasa Delray Dinnerware Set
- Best Casual: HomeVss Stoneware Dinnerware Set
- Best for Families: Gibson Home Brist Melamine Dinnerware Set
Our picks include top-rated sets from brands like Casafina, Gibson, and Better Homes & Gardens, as well as the best budget option and the best splurge for your fanciest dinner parties. Keep scrolling to learn more about each set.