Florida's supersweet corn is the perfect addition for your summer salads, soups, and pastas. Pick some up from the store today and try some of our fresh sweet corn recipes.
Florida supersweet corn is so deliciously crisp and tender that it can be cut fresh from the cob and added to dishes without being cooked.
To cut the corn off the cob, stand corn upright on a large cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut straight down across the base of the kernels. Use the kernels in soups, salads, and salsas for a fresh, summer meal.
10 Quick Ideas with Sweet Corn
1. Top off a Margherita pizza.
2. Brighten a fresh tomato salsa.
3. Stir into hot mashed potatoes with shredded smoked Gouda cheese and chopped fresh cilantro.
4. Add an extra layer of flavor to Mexican lasagna.
5. Fold into beaten eggs for a fresh corn omelet.
6. Tuck inside a green chile-goat cheese quesadilla.
7. Toss with hot pasta carbonara.
8. Sprinkle over a crisp green salad.
9. Whisk into hot grits with shredded Parmesan and chopped fresh basil.
10. Freshen up a can of chicken noodle soup.
What To Look for When Buying Sweet Corn
- Don't be fooled by color: All shades of Florida supersweet corn taste equally sweet. Unlike other varieties, the fresh flavor lasts up to a week after picking.
- Look for tight rows of plump, shiny kernels, glossy silks, and moist green husks.
- Remember: One ear yields 1/2 to 3/4 cup kernels.