Save a few extra boxes of these seasonal cookies, and create desserts galore.
- Samoas Ice-cream Truffles
- Trefoils Ice-cream Truffles
- Do-Si-Dos Ice-cream Truffles
- Thin Mints Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter-Chocolate Tagalongs Milk Shakes
- Vanilla-Banana Tagalongs Milk Shakes
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Sauce
Leftover Girl Scout cookies are a rare find, but it turns out those crumbs can create some pretty terrific desserts. You’ll want to make sure you save some for these exciting recipes developed by Test Kitchens Professional Kristi Michele Crowe. Don’t miss out on the creamy Thin Mints Cheesecake or our make-ahead Samoas Ice-cream Truffles, both perfect for any occasion.
We found that using a food processor is the best way to crush cookies into crumbs. All cookies, except coconut-chocolate cookies, can also be crushed in zip-top plastic bags using a rolling pin.
"Scout-Approved Sweets" is from the March 2008 issue of Southern Living.