Top-Rated Menu: Feast Without the Fuss
Dinner's a cinch with our delicious, easygoing recipes.
Helpful Holiday Menu:
With the holidays in full swing, we want to ensure that planning dinner is the least of your worries. Our simple and satisfying menu works equally well for a Sunday supper or a holiday dinner party. Six-ingredient Honey-Roasted Pork and easy, make-ahead Carrot-Pecan Casserole serve as super alternatives to the classic turkey-and-sweet potato pairing. Let our helpful Cook's Notes make preparation worry free.
1 day ahead:
- Assemble Carrot-Pecan Casserole (do not bake), and refrigerate.
- Blanch sugar snap peas for Lemon-Scented Sugar Snap Peas. Wrap in paper towels, and place in a zip-top plastic bag; refrigerate.
- Stir together honey, Dijon mustard, peppercorns, dried thyme, and salt for Honey-Roasted Pork; cover and refrigerate.
2 hours ahead:
- Assemble Honey-Roasted Pork, and bake as directed. Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing.
1 hour ahead:
- Let Carrot-Pecan Casserole stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Bake as directed.
15 minutes ahead:
"Top-Rated Menu: Feast Without the Fuss" is from the November 2002 issue of Southern Living.