70+ Fresh Peach Recipes to Savor This Summer
These Recipes Feature Peaches in Their Prime
Creamy Peach Icebox Cake
Recipe: Creamy Peach Icebox Cake
For those days when it's just too hot to turn on the oven, this icebox cake is a dream come true. With cool layers of ice cream, pound cake, and fruit, this cake has a little bit of everything.
Peach-Bourbon Upside-Down Bundt Cake
Inspired by a classic pineapple upside-down cake, this stunning Bundt cake is topped with a layer of sticky-sweet peaches.
Grilled Peach Cobbler
Recipe: Grilled Peach Cobbler
Fresh-out-of-the-oven peach cobbler is a favorite, but Grilled Peach Cobbler is a sweet and savory sensation! The fire gives this classic an extra-smoky, caramelized flavor that, we're willing to bet, you won't be able to resist. Cook this in some of our go-to Southern cookware—a cast-iron skillet—because it is great to take from grill to table. Serve this hot off the grill, or at room temperature, because it is equally as delicious both ways. Crown the cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra-sweet touch.
Pickled Peach Salad
Recipe: Pickled Peach Salad
Congealed salad may be old school, but it's certainly not out of style. This refreshing Pickled Peach Salad is perfect for summer entertaining.
Recipe: Peach Scones
These crumbly, fruity peach scones can be served for breakfast or during afternoon tea. You can also cut them into smaller triangles for oh-so-cute miniature scones!
Recipe: Peach-Ricotta-Prosciutto Toasts
We love this combination of sweet peach, salty prosciutto, and creamy ricotta, all piled high on grilled crostini. These toasts are the ideal summer appetizer.
Fresh Peach Ice Cream
Recipe: Fresh Peach Ice Cream
This simple ice cream is one of our guilty pleasures. Use a scoop to top your peach cobbler, or eat this fresh ice cream all on its own.
Easy Peach Cobbler
Recipe: Easy Peach Cobbler
Peach cobbler is a summer classic that every Southerner should perfect. Luckily, this recipe is as easy to master as it is delicious.
Recipe: Peach-and-Blackberry Crisp
Sweet peach pairs perfectly with tart blackberry and crumbly oats in this delectable summer crisp.
Peaches and Cream Pie
Recipe: Peaches and Cream Pie
We've got your next favorite summer pie recipe figured out. This Peaches and Cream Pie is bright, light, and wonderfully jammy.
Peach Melba Ice-Cream Pie
Recipe: Peach Melba Ice-Cream Pie
Forget ice cream cake– ice cream pie is the star of the show this summer. With peaches, raspberries, almonds, and ice cream, this pie is as colorful as it is tasty.
Peach Dump Cake
Recipe: Peach Dump Cake
This peach cake is as easy as it gets. Just sprinkle the dry mixture over a dish of canned peaches, bake, and you've got a delicious rustic cake.
Blackberry-Peach Cobbler Bars
- Recipe:Blackberry-Peach Cobbler Bars
- Looking for a party-perfect treat that's a cut above the classic fruit-filled cobbler? Consider it found. These Blackberry-Peach Cobbler Bars are a bite-sized, grab-and-go favorite that get rave reviews from our online reviewers. Fresh blackberries and fresh firm, ripe peaches get baked together into a bar that is topped with a crunchy pecan streusel. Given that a little bourbon is mixed in, this dessert checks many of the boxes for our favorite things: bourbon, pecans, and peaches, making it an instant Southern classic. You'll think so to from the moment you have your first bite. Grab a bar and settle in for a sweet treat.
Grilled Pork Chops with Blueberry-Peach Salsa
Recipe: Grilled Pork Chops with Blueberry-Peach Salsa
Grilling meat to tender perfection while ensuring it doesn't get tough seems like a challenge, but a few simple steps can help to ensure your meat comes off the grill juicy and ready to devour. Go for bone-in center loin chops or loin chops at least 1½ inches thick. Meatier chops ensure a good char while the inside cooks through. Top these chops with our Blueberry-Peach Salsa, a treat that includes chopped and whole blueberries as well as finely diced peaches. Hot pepper jelly may bring a little heat, so be ready. This salsa goes great with grilled meats, so it may become one of your go-to favorites.
- Recipe:Patchwork Cobbler
- The only thing patchwork about this cobbler is the patterned squares of pastry that make up its beautiful and delicious sugar-crusted top. Online reviewers love how this looks as much as they love how it tastes. In the words of one online reviewer, "the crust was worth the effort." Once you have your first bite of crisp, crunchy, and fruity cobbler you'll think so too. Filled with peaches, plums, and blueberries, this is a patchwork of wonderful flavors and tastes. Let this patch together your summer evening with a symphony of sensations.
- Watch Us Make It:Patchwork Cobbler
Frozen Peach Old Fashioneds
- Recipe:Frozen Peach Old Fashioneds
- Southerners love a good drink to beat the summer heat, and this drink is the right fashion without being old-fashioned. A bracing mix of frozen peach slices, peach nectar, peach sorbet, bourbon, and orange bitters all combine to create a glass full of cool wonder. Top these with some fresh mint sprigs, some peach slices, or both. Served ice cold, these refreshing cocktails keep your guests cool. This will have everyone chilled out in a matter of minutes, and have the party heating up with fun. Doesn't seem too old-fashioned after all, does it?
Riesling-Poached Peaches and Cherries
Recipe: Riesling-Poached Peaches and Cherries
When working with a limited palette, good ingredients make all the difference. We call for vanilla beans here because they impart fragrance and thousands of tiny, flavorful specks. They're worth the splurge, but feel free to substitute 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract for the beans. And if you like, trade the homemade whipped cream for a scoop of ice cream. What's so beautiful about this dish is how it is presented: peaches and cherries that have soaked in a beautiful Riesling mixture are dolloped with whipped cream. They look gorgeous and taste even better.
- Recipe:Peach Mojitos
- Enjoy this sparkling cooler all summer long. Peaches, sugar, and lemon juice combine to form the base of this summertime thirst-quencher. This mixture gets stirred with a simple combination of club soda and white rum to make a light, refreshing, and delightful beverage that you can garnish with fresh mint sprigs or peach wedges. If you haven't done it before, don't be afraid of muddling the mint. It is very easy: you just use the back of a wooden spoon. Let the flavors and aromas of mint loose in the pitcher, mix everything else in, and enjoy a sip of sweet, sour, and spicy Peach Mojitos that you'll slurp up.
Recipe: Peach-Berry Crumble
Sweets are a treat but sometimes you don't have time to be tied to the kitchen. We love this recipe because it's easy enough for busy, weeknight cooking; pop the crumble in the oven when you serve dinner and it'll be ready in about 40 minutes. Blueberries or raspberries may be substituted for the blackberries. Reviewers agree that this is the perfect, easy weeknight dessert. "Bookgirl67" remarked that it was amazing and "super easy to throw together." You'll find that it is simple, sweet, and sensational, so don't hesitate to get this Peach-Berry Crumble in the oven any night of the week.
Baked Brie with Jezebel Peaches
Recipe: Baked Brie with Jezebel Peaches
This recipe is all about how the ingredients come together, and here the stars are the hot jalapeño pepper jelly and the peeled and diced ripe peach. Put these two together, and you have the perfect combination of spicy and sweet. Indulgent, fresh, and easy as pie, this summer version of baked Brie won raves in the Southern Living Test Kitchen. Can't find Brie packed in a wooden box? Simply bake the cheese in a small pie plate or baking dish. If you make this in the box, transfer it to a platter before serving. Choose your favorite crackers, and this decadent delight will warm your guests' palates with the sweet heat and taste of jalapeños and peaches.
Macerated Peaches with Ancho-Cinnamon Sugar
Recipe: Macerated Peaches with Ancho-Cinnamon Sugar
Once you've made a batch of this you will wonder how you got by for so long without it. Spoon this incredibly versatile and saucy condiment over vanilla ice cream for an easy summer dessert. Or use it as a topper for pound cake or oatmeal, or as the filling for a cobbler or tart. Bonus: It's also a flavorful accompaniment to grilled meats. However you prefer your Macerated Peaches with Ancho-Cinnamon Sugar, you'll love the combination of spicy and sweet that you get in every single bite. As one reviewer remarked, this is a "really unique dessert. My guests loved it." We are sure yours will too.
Brisket Tacos with Summer Salsa
Ginger-Peach Shortbread Cobbler
- Recipe: Ginger-Peach Shortbread Cobbler
- Put down your peeler: This brilliant dish is our easiest peach cobbler ever. Simply cut the peaches in half, place them in a cast-iron skillet, and bake them. Add in some shortbread dough, bake everything a little longer, and get ready to enjoy a simple and incredibly delicious Ginger-Peach Shortbread Cobbler. You can serve this cobbler warm, right out of the oven and out of the skillet, or let it cool and serve it later. However you prefer it, this easy-to-make recipe means that having homemade peach cobbler doesn't have to mean spending all day peeling peaches—it simply means digging in to a great handmade delight.
Peach Divinity Icebox Pie
Recipe: Peach Divinity Icebox Pie
If you were to think of a dessert as an old-school, new-school remix, this Peach Divinity Icebox Pie might be it: except peaches and divinity are both old-school Southern dessert classics! So to create this sweet fantasy, this pie combines two of the South's favorite flavors: fresh peaches and fluffy, creamy divinity candy. It is all nestled into a baked gingersnap crust, and pile high with sweetened whipped cream. With all these incredible flavors, it is hard to decide which one tastes the best. What's great about this pie is that since you get a little bite of delight in every mouthful, you can just enjoy everything all at once.
Barbecue-Peach Summer Rolls
Recipe: Barbecue-Peach Summer Rolls
These Barbecue-Peach Summer Rolls are delicious, and make a perfect finger food. There is no need to break a sweat assembling all the rolls yourself. Make a small batch to kick-start the party, then offer a platter of the fresh ingredients—including fresh peaches, cucumber, avocado, and pork—with the dipping sauce so guests can build their own. Just dip the rice paper sheets in hot water as directed, and wrap with a damp towel to keep them soft. Look for rice paper rounds in the international aisle of large grocery stores or Asian markets. Guests will love the Sweet Pepper-Peanut Sauce that brings just the right amount of heat and crunch to this sweet barbecue peach roll. Roll on up and dig right in.
Mixed Stone-Fruit Pie
Recipe: Mixed Stone Fruit Pie
This graham-cracker crust pie creates a crisp and crunchy delight that gets filled with the flavors of the season. A no-cook filling makes a dreamy base that soon gets piled high with freshly cut fruit. Peaches, plums, and apricots all work wonderfully well in this pie, but you can choose your favorite stone fruits for the filling and mix or match them to suit your tastes. Whatever you choose will be delicious and taste incredible topping the rich, cream cheese based filling. Best of all, since this no-bake, you'll have this on the table in a jiffy, so be ready to dig in to this sweet seasonal sensation.
Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Peach Pie
Recipe: Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Peach Pie
This amazing peach pie may seem like it takes a little preparation time, but once you have your first bite you will know it is worth it. Filled with sweet, cinnamon-covered peaches, and encased in a crisp, buttery, golden-brown crust, this Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Peach Pie is a delight. Decorate the top with leaves cut from the leftover crust and sprinkled with granulated sugar. You will love the delicate sweetness you get with every bite. Serve this to-die-for peach pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream sprinkled with candied or toasted pecans.
Blackberry-Peach Coffee Cake
Recipe: Blackberry-Peach Coffee Cake
Let this fruit-filled cake be the start of your next special-occasion breakfast or potluck. The cinnamon and nutmeg in the homemade Streusel Topping complete the flavor palate of succulent peaches and tart blackberries. This coffee cake will become a family favorite, or the perfect treat to bring for office get-togethers. In the words of one online reviewer, "I took the cake to my office and there was not even a crumb left on the plate!" If you bake this incredible cake, it may not even make it as far as the office—so just be prepared to enjoy every slice.
Two-Step Fresh Peach Pound Cake
- Recipe:Two-Step Fresh Peach Pound Cake
- Turn out a high-rise cake with a moist, tender crumb by layering the ingredients in the bowl in the order specified. If you don't have a stand mixer with a 4-qt. bowl and paddle attachment, you can prepare the batter the traditional way. However you get this cake ready to go into the oven, its combination of peaches and peach schnapps will emerge from the oven a sweet, moist, sensational cake that will be amazing when it cools and can be sliced and served. Of course it will be difficult to wait, but the wait will be worth the effort—and the waiting, not the baking, may well be the hardest part. Eating this delicious cake is easy.
Summertime Peach Ice Cream
Recipe: Summertime Peach Ice Cream
Once they've had their first scoop or spoonful, your family will be asking for this creamy dessert over and over again. Best of all, the 6-ingredient mixture requires no cooking, just stirring. The unexpected ingredient here is a package of vanilla instant pudding mix, which adds creaminess and density to this great-tasting Summertime Peach Ice Cream. But the true stars are the seasonal fresh peaches, which should be celebrated every summer. Grab them when you can at your local farmers' market and savor every single bite of sunshine. One reviewer described this as a "delicious way to enjoy ripe peaches and a favorite at our house." We hope it becomes a favorite way to enjoy peaches at your house too.
Recipe: Peach-and-Blueberry Parfaits
These parfaits put a Southern twist on a traditional classic. Mason jars add a homey presentation for this simple, refreshing dessert. This recipe layers angel food cake with custard, peaches, and blueberries. You can place all of these in the jars in advance, then serve them when dinner comes to a close. Guests will love how these desserts are simple, grab-and-go delights. And you'll love how simple it is to savor every bite and make cleanup a breeze. But most of all you and your guests will love the combination of summer fruits, sweet custard, and the way the angel food cake soaks up all the delicious juices. These Peach-and-Blueberry Parfaits are simply perfect.
Insalata con Peche
Recipe: Insalata con Peche
This Insalata con Peche combines the salty delight of prosciutto, the sweet taste of fresh peaches, and the rich creaminess of fresh mozzarella cheese into one dish for a simply irresistible salad. Serve everything on a bed of fresh, spring greens, and then top everything off with a simple homemade vinaigrette. You don't need a lot to bring out the best in this salad—just drizzle a touch of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper over the top. Then sprinkle everything with a little fresh thyme if you want to add some zip, and this salad is ready to go. Serve, and enjoy.
Fresh Peach Gelées
Recipe: Fresh Peach Gelées
We love the idea of a twist on the traditional gelatin dessert, and this adult-only version mixes the sweet flavor of ripe peaches with some additional ingredients to create just the right result. You'll need some of your favorite sparkling wine, as well as a little vodka and some of our Peach Puree, but this combines to be a cool sweet treat. Garnished with fresh peach slices, you'll get the tastes of the season with a little unexpected taste and sensation. Serve this special treat in martini glasses for a party-perfect presentation.
Peach Streusel Muffins
Recipe: Peach Streusel Muffins
Think of these as peach-filled, bite-sized treats. With their cake-like texture and streusel topping, these peach-filled muffins can easily serve as dessert—but they could just as easily be a great grab-and-go breakfast. They are also perfect with quiche for brunch or with a glass of milk for a snack. You'll love the flavor of fresh or frozen peaches, and the crunch of the streusel topping is a sweet and crunchy delight. Cooked to golden brown perfection, you'll find it difficult to eat only one—so you may want to go ahead and double the recipe!
Recipe: Pecan-Peach Cobbler
You can make perfect, fresh summer peaches even better by cooking them into a juicy, pecan pastry-topped cobbler. This recipe is literally packed with peaches—about 16 cups of them—and it makes enough to feed a crowd. This Pecan-Peach Cobbler is great for family reunions. You'll love it served either warm or cold, and either way it only tastes even better with sweetened whipping cream, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or both. Since this recipe packs in the great tastes of peaches and pecans, it is like having a true taste of the South with every mouthwatering bite.
Grilled Pork Porterhouse with Peach Agrodolce
Recipe: Grilled Pork Porterhouse with Peach Agrodolce
This recipe is a study in simplicity. It shows how the clean, crisp tastes of pork and peaches combine for an incredible dish. Agrodolce (agro: sour; dolce: sweet), a traditional Italian sweet-and-sour sauce made with vinegar and sugar (or sweet ingredients such as fresh peaches), adds fresh summer flavor to the granddaddy of all pork chops. The pork itself is grilled with just a little olive oil, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper, allowing the peach agrodolce to really infuse the meat with its subtle yet sophisticated flavors. Every bi