Get the Look: 10 Essential Serving Pieces
Find our sources for classic serving pieces that every hostess should own.
- Julep cup: Silver-Plated Julep Cup, 3.5"D x 4"H, $24 by Pottery Barn.
- Trifle bowl: 8.8" Trifle Bowl (55688), $14.99 by Libbey Inc..
- White platter: Edme White Oval Platter, fine bone china, $68 by Wedgwood.
- Basket: Oval Bread Basket (BAM128-AB), handwoven rattan, $24 by Matahari, available through Saffron Trading Company.
- Carving Set: Carving Set, pewter and shed horn, $110-$180 by Vagabond House.
- Silver tray: Burgundy Waiter (2364), silverplated, $235 by Reed & Barton.
- Glass votives: Petite Votive, Hobnail Pedestal Votive, Engraved Votive, Melon Votive, from 2" to 4", from $6 to $11, all by Cody Foster & Co..
- Cake stand: Scallop Cake Plate (13"W x 3.5" H), $175, all from the Pearl Collection by Frances Palmer Pottery.
- Linens: Festival Collection hemstitched linen in cinnabar and white, from $44/set of 4 napkins, by SFERRA.
- Small bowl: Deep Footed Bowl With Rings (5.5" diameter),pewter, from $130 by Match, available from Bromberg's; 205/871-3276.