The Ultimate Backyard Pizza Party
Pizza Parlor Chic
An avid gardener and entertainer in Atlanta, Danielle Rollins loves to host parties outside in her garden. Made-to-order gourmet pizzas and checkered table cloths bring her vision of pizza parlor chic to life.
Love the pizza parlor chic-look of Danielle's table? Find similar items inspired by her decor.Large Crackle Country Rooster: From The Lamp Stand (#BS-3015050); 417/865-3725 Checkered Napkins: Checkmate in Jet (#1080447) from Lewis & Sheron Textile Co.; 800/835-4833 (1 yard fabric yields four 16-inch square napkins) Wood Chiavari Chair: from The Chiavari Company; 866/854-8692 Bamboo Flatware: Through Target Green Kartio Tumblers: By ittala in Apple Green from Finn Style; 866/617-6176
Let place cards double as favors for the guests. Fill a clay pot with a pack of seeds. Herbs work best since they can be planted in a small container.
Make your own gourmet pizza in 5 steps.
- Start with Dan's Pizza Dough. Place a pizza stone or baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 500° for 30 minutes. Stretch dough into a 10- to 12-inch circle on a separate lightly floured baking sheet.
- Spread 1/2 cup Fresh Tomato Sauce on each dough circle.
- Top with 4 oz. of shredded, sliced, or crumbled cheese. Some favorites include Decimal Place Farm goat cheese, Atlanta Fresh Artisan Creamery's Fresh Mozzarella, and Sweet Grass Dairy's Thomasville tomme.
- Choose the toppings. Get creative by mixing and matching your favorites. Try assorted olives, fresh basil pesto, thinly sliced radishes, fresh peas, sliced fennel, spring onions, and cooked and crumbled pork sausage or ground beef.
- Season pizza with desired amount of salt and pepper. Slide pizza from baking sheet onto hot pizza stone or baking sheet in oven. Bake at 500° for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden.
Dan's Pizza Dough
Perfect Pizza Toppings
Here are some of Chef Dan Latham's personal favorites inspired by the farmers' market.The Classic: Fresh Tomato Sauce, fresh mozzarella, torn basil Sausage Lover's: Crumbled sausage, siced fennel, sliced garlic, green onion Golden Onion: Carmelized onions, goat cheese, olives, arugula Market Veggies: Turnips, tomme cheese, shaved garlic, olives, oregano Kale & Beef: Crumbled beef, sliced green onions, torn kale Go Green: Pesto, peas, goat cheese, pea shoots
Fancy up frozen fruit pops with a splash of Prosecco for a fun and colorful display.