Supper Club Celebration
Pull out all the stops for your companions with these top-rated recipes.
You've dined all year with your supper club friends; now it's your turn to host the holiday meal. Fear not: We've assembled a fabulous menu sure to wow the group. Follow our timeline, and everything will go off as smoothly as a piece of Red Velvet Cheesecake. Serve the menu buffet style, and let the food take center stage. Use colorful serving dishes, scatter a few ornaments down the spread, and your table will be ready for the evening.
Set aside the makings for one last Orange Thing so that when the party's over, you can toast a year of great meals and friendship as you unwind.
Supper Club Menu
- Orange Thing
- Bacon-Stuffed Eggs
- Baked Pimiento Cheese
- Okra-Walnut Salad
- Crabmeat-and-Spinach Lasagna
- Red Velvet Cheesecake
HOW TO PULL IT OFF
Use our plan to make and serve this menu without a hitch.
Two days ahead
- Cook and peel hard-boiled eggs. Place eggs in a zip-top plastic bag, seal, and chill. Cook and crumble bacon; chill.
- Set the table; cover with a clean sheet or tablecloth.
- Set up the bar.One day ahead
Mix Baked Pimiento Cheese, and place in baking dish; chill.
- Make Bacon-Stuffed Eggs without the garnish, and place on serving dish; chill.
- Make Red Velvet Cheesecake; chill. Wash mint for garnish, wrap in paper towels, and place in a zip-top plastic bag.
- Assemble Crabmeat-and-Spinach Lasagna; chill.
- Squeeze orange juice and slice oranges for Orange Thing; chill.
Day of the party:
- Place cheesecake on a serving plate, and garnish with fresh mint sprigs, if desired; chill.
1 hour before dinner:
- Bake lasagna; cover and keep warm.
- Bake okra for salad; cover and keep warm. Toast walnuts.
- Bake pimiento cheese dip appetizer; cover and keep warm. Set out crackers and veggies.
- Garnish Bacon-Stuffed Eggs, if desired.
30 minutes before dinner:
- Serve eggs and cheese dip.
- Bake breadsticks.
- Heat salad dressing, and assemble the salad.
- Garnish lasagna, if desired, and serve the meal.
"Supper Club Celebration" is from the December 2004 issue of Southern Living.