63 Fresh & Juicy Strawberry Recipes
Strawberry Dream Cake
Recipe: Strawberry Dream Cake
You'll fall in love with this too-good-to-be-true strawberry cake. Fluffy whipped frosting made with mascarpone cheese, sugar, whipping cream, and vanilla and almond extracts is the perfect finishing touch. We love the presentation of this cake! It is sensational when a slice reveals the upright strawberries frosted in-between the layers, with even more beautiful strawberries on top. The recipe calls for two sixteen-ounce containers of these beautiful berries. Think about it—that's two pounds! When it comes down to the details, however you slice it, this sweet confection takes the cake.
Strawberry Salad with Warm Goat Cheese Croutons
This beautiful Strawberry Salad with Warm Goat Cheese Croutons has ripe, juicy berries and a bed of mixed baby greens for its foundation, and even more of their delicious taste making up a portion of its vinaigrette. To prepare the goat cheese croutons, cut a goat cheese log into rounds. Press each round to 1/2-inch thickness on a baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes. This process will help the rounds keep their shape and not ooze out of the breading while they are frying. Serve the salad with a homemade Strawberry-Poppy Seed Vinaigrette.
Mini Strawberry Tarts
Recipe: Mini Strawberry Tarts
These sweet treats start with a pistachio crust. A dreamy mixture of cream cheese, lemon juice and zest, and whipped cream are folded together before filling the individual tarts. Toss the fresh strawberries in sugar, just before topping the tarts, to give them just a hint of added sweetness. Readers love these. One reviewer wrote that the crust added a wonderful flavor to the filling, and the tarts came out perfectly. We certainly hope so! Presentation is part of what makes these so beautiful, so we hope you love the way they look on the table as much as you love how delicious they taste the moment you take your first bite.
Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp with Sweet-and-Savory Granola
We topped this strawberry-rhunarb crisp with a lightly spiced granola. Everyone will be craving this snack all day long.
Strawberry Gelato with Almond Shortbread and Elderflower Crème
This homemade strawberry gelato is paired with almond shortbread and elderflower crème for a delcious and fancy dessert.
Grilled Chicken Cutlets with Strawberry Salsa
You will love this fresh and light wonder for a go-to supper any time. A marinade of pineapple juice, ground ancho chile, cumin, vinegar, and oil will give these chicken cutlets a big hit of flavor. Just give chicken at least 30 minutes to chill in the marinade before putting it on the grill. Just go ahead and make an extra batch of our strawberry salsa to serve with these—once you taste it you will understand why. You could also drizzle some Tangy Strawberry Barbecue Sauce over the chicken. It is a perfect mix of sweet and spicy.
Strawberry-Basil Ice Cream
Recipe: Strawberry-Basil Ice-Cream
Homemade ice cream can be a tradition, and discovering new ways to make this frozen favorite can lead to delicious delights. Several incredible flavors collide in this refreshing treat. There is the sweet sensation of coarsely chopped fresh strawberries. Then, there is the richness of sweetened condensed milk. Fresh lemon juice brings in a crisp tartness. And the fresh basil adds the right note of fresh herbs. You will love how these tastes all come together to give you the true experiences of summer, creating an incredible seasonal treat. You will savor every scoop.
Strawberry-Lemonade Layer Cake
- Recipe:Strawberry-Lemonade Layer Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade is a delicious treat so turning it into a cake is definitely an inspired idea. Our Strawberry-Lemonade Layer Cake recipe uses Strawberry-Lemonade Jam between its layers, and Strawberry Frosting. That's a lot of seasonal flavor packed into one cake, but it is still a light delight. You can assemble this glorious cake up to two days ahead. If you do, just store it at room temperature. Also, you can freeze cooled layers up to a month in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. The sweet-tart Strawberry-Lemonade Jam and Strawberry Frosting make for a delicious finish.
Strawberry-Ginger Lemonade Floats
Recipe: Strawberry-Ginger Lemonade Floats
Few drinks are more delicious than ones that involve pairing the frozen delight of ice cream with the bubbling sparkle of a carbonated drink. If you are looking for something to cool you down during the scorching days of summer, these Strawberry-Ginger Lemonade Floats are the perfect way to beat the heat. Though the ginger is optional, it gives these refreshing floats their signature zing—and part of their name! If you can't find sparkling lemonade, substitute fizzy lemon-lime soda or ginger ale. However you mix the sharp taste of ginger with the sweet taste of strawberries, you will spoon out a little bite of goodness every time.
Hazelnut Financiers with Strawberry Jam and Lemon Puree
These little cakes are topped with fresh strawberry jam and a lemon puree.
Strawberry Cream Pie
- Recipe:Strawberry Cream Pie
- Chocolate wafer cookies and semisweet baking chocolate combine to form a crust that is the foundation for the strawberry goodness to come. Quite simply, this is a rich and delicious crust. Half-and-half helps make the filling creamy and rich, then a mix of both halved and sliced strawberries fill this pie. A little melted red-currant jelly, mixed with a dash of orange liqueur, then brushed over the berries, turns this down-home Strawberry Cream Pie into company-worthy fare. This pie looks so beautiful it may be hard to slice it, but it will be even better served to guests on a plate than it looks whole in a dish. Enjoy!
Strawberry-Lemon Shortbread Bars
Recipe: Strawberry-Lemon Shortbread Bars
These triple-layered treats, topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, elevate the classic lemon bar to ethereal heights. Flour, sugar, and lemon zest form a tart taste foundation. A cup of strawberry preserves forms a sweet fruit center that is a sensational taste of summer. Finally, cream cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest are the main ingredients in a rich and creamy spread that covers everything and that is ready to be baked into and incredible topping. These need to be chilled when they emerge from the oven, but it is worth the wait. When you finally slice them into bars, some sweetened whipped cream and a few strawberry slices on top can add the finishing touches.
Recipe: Strawberry Milk
You may feel a little nostalgic for sweet milk treats—since deciding between strawberry and chocolate can be almost impossible—so to save you the trouble we've only given you a single delicious recipe: Strawberry Milk. Use fresh hulled strawberries for a smooth and delicious drink. The recipe also adds in a little vanilla extract, and just a pinch of salt. For an extra kick—we'll call this an "adultified" version—you can add in a little strawberry liqueur to make Spiked Strawberry Milk. Either way, this drink is sweet, creamy, and delicious.
- Recipe:Strawberry-Rhubarb Tartlets
- If we had imagined the perfect bite-sized Strawberry-Rhubarb Tartlets it would have been these, so we decided that rather than leave them to our imagination we'd develop this delicious recipe instead. You will love these sweet, small wonders. We used a 2 1/2- x 3-inch fluted rectangular cookie cutter to cut the dough for these adorable tarts. You can also cut them by hand or use a round cutter. What's so wonderful about these tartlets is that you can serve them for breakfast, dessert, or as a mouthwatering snack. You'll love every bite of them, particularly with that powdered-sugar icing drizzled on top.
Tangy Strawberry Barbecue Sauce
Recipe: Tangy Strawberry Barbecue Sauce
This Tangy Strawberry Barbecue Sauce is also delightfully sweet, and it brings a unique flavor combo that we know you'll love to the table. Our recipe makes three cups and only takes 10 minutes to whip together. Just process four cups of strawberries with the remaining ingredients until everything is smooth. The Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and apple cider vinegar will all give the sauce just that perfect hint of bite, plus a little bit of spice. This barbecue sauce is great to serve on grilled chicken, to drizzle over salad, or to serve anytime and everywhere as your go-to spring condiment.
Fresh Strawberry Meringue Cake
- Recipe:Fresh Strawberry Meringue Cake
- This strawberry meringue cake features layers of sweet cream and fresh strawberries sandwiched between thin rounds of homemade meringue. Getting these to look beautiful can be far simpler than it may seem. Securing parchment paper with masking tape (it won't melt at this low temperature) makes it easy to spread picture-perfect layers of meringue. Now, let's move on to how amazing this tastes. The chopped, toasted pecans are fragrant and rich. The mascarpone cheese keeps everything creamy. And the fresh strawberries make everything taste like summer. It all comes together with the meringue to be crisp, crunchy, creamy, and soft at the same time. This cake is simply magical.
Grilled Ham-and-Cheese Sandwiches with Strawberry-Shallot Jam
- Recipe:Grilled Ham-and-Cheese Sandwiches with Strawberry-Shallot Jam
- This may seem like a run-of-the-mill grilled ham-and-cheese sandwich, but the secret is all in the Strawberry-Lemonade Jam. The jam—a reader favorite—brings together the sweetness of strawberries with the tart taste of fresh lemon juice. Add in some minced shallots, and you have just the right amounts of spice and subtle heat. Now, you're ready to build some sandwiches. Sourdough bread toasts perfectly in a skillet, and a rich cheese like Swiss, or Gruyère, melts to perfection. If you prefer, you can use roasted turkey instead of ham. Either way, be sure to include that Strawberry-Lemonade Jam in this toasted sandwich delight.
Strawberry-Pretzel Icebox Pie
- Recipe:Strawberry-Pretzel Icebox Pie
- You won't need to get yourself in a twist because this recipe is simple and it tastes amazing. Not only is this a gorgeous dessert, but also the combination of salt from the crushed pretzels and sweetness from the strawberries makes this recipe irresistible. The pretzels combine with butter and brown sugar for the crust. Strawberries partner with rich ingredients like cream cheese, whipped cream, and sweetened condensed milk, to form a thick, cool filling. Once the crust is prepared, this is a great no-bake pie. The pie sets up in the freezer, and several hours later is ready to be sliced into sections of sheer deliciousness. Topped with whipped cream, this Strawberry-Pretzel Icebox Pie is a light and delicate wonder.
- Recipe:Chipotle-Strawberry Glaze
- This sauce tastes fantastic on roasted or grilled pork or chicken. For the perfect results, set aside half of the sauce for serving, and brush the rest on during the last 10 minutes of cooking. What makes this glaze sensational is the heat that the minced chipotle peppers have, cut to a just-right level by the sweet strawberries. You'll also love the familiar flavors of chopped yellow onion and minced garlic, as well as the tart hints of apple cider vinegar. And that third of a cup of Strawberry-Lemonade Jam adds the perfect amount of tang.
Recipe: Strawberry-Lemonade Muffins
Muffins are great breakfast treats, and fresh strawberries make a great fruit addition to a delicious muffin batter. Prepare a batch of these and we are sure you will love these Strawberry-Lemonade Muffins hot and fresh from the oven. The sour cream puts a rich twist on the traditional mix. Before you dig in, top them with some Strawberry Curd, which is a delicious strawberry-based buttery-style spread. Paired with the sugar that's been sprinkled on top, the two make the perfect combination. You might want to make a double batch of these since they probably won't last long.
Jicama-and-Bell Pepper Slaw
Recipe: Jicama-and-Bell Pepper Slaw
This fresh side is a twist on traditional the traditional cabbage. Here, some thinly sliced jicama, red onion, and an assortment of juicy bell peppers are the foundation for a deliciously refreshing slaw. Add in some mint leaves, and just a little Strawberry-Lemonade Jam, and its make for a side dish unlike anything you've had before. You'll savor how all the fresh vegetables come together, and how the Strawberry-Lemonade Jam is sweet and tangy at the same time. Drizzle a little extra olive oil and fresh lemon juice on top, and you're ready to enjoy this side-dish delight.
Chilled Strawberry Soup
Recipe: Strawberry-Orange Trifle
The sweetness of strawberries combined with a hint of tart citrus from the orange segments makes this dessert absolutely delightful. Add in your choice of orange juice or orange liqueur and you are assured to get bold and sweet fruit tastes in every single bite. When these soft fruits are layered with a creamy whipped filling and the crunch of shortbread cookies, it is a sensory delight. You'll love the smell of the citrus and strawberries, the texture of everything with every single bite, and the complex flavors of it all. This beautiful dessert is nothing to trifle about.
Berries With Tequila Cream
- Recipe:Berries with Tequila Cream
- A tall glass filled with fresh berries, and topped with luscious, velvety cream is the perfect treat after a laid-back dinner party. For this recipe, make the delicious cream yourself. If you prefer a sweeter cream, you can substitute orange juice for the tequila. If you want a smokier flavor, use mescal—which is similar to tequila—in its place. Whichever you prefer, the cream will bring a light, delicate flavor and taste to the fresh, sharp fruit. You can choose your favorite seasonal assorted berries. Choose ones that not only taste great, but ones that also look beautiful together.
Strawberry-Sugar Biscuit Trifle
- Recipe:Strawberry-Sugar Biscuit Trifle
- Everything about this decadent dessert screams Southern, so it is best to simply go with it and enjoy how delicious it is. From the sugar-topped—and aptly named—Sugar Biscuits, to the fresh strawberries bathed in rich Trifle Custard, this could well be the ultimate Southern dessert. Serve this at your next gathering and it's sure to be a hit. How could it possibly miss? It has the great, rich flavor of biscuits that have been sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon; a custard made with egg yolks, half-and-half, and milk; and two-and-a-half pounds of strawberries. That is a whole lot of fresh fruit. This is a sweet, seasonal treat in every decadent, delicious bite.
Strawberry Smoothie Ice-Cream Pie
- Recipe:Strawberry Smoothie Ice-Cream Pie
- Kids and adults alike will love the mixture of strawberries, bananas, blueberries and ice cream all on top of a crunchy, waffle-cone crust. This recipe is simple and it only involves working fresh fruit processed with powdered sugar into containers of premium ice cream. It's that simple. Fold in fruit, spread, and freeze; repeat with other fruit and ice-cream mixes. Once this has set up, this four-layer fantasy is ready to be sliced, served, and devoured. The taste of fresh berries and bananas is absolutely incredible, and the waffle-cone crust is a light and crunchy delight.
Recipe: Strawberry Napoleons
If you are not familiar with this wonderful treat, a Napoleon is a classic puff-pastry dessert that has a sweet cream filling. This unique grilled take on the dessert is perfect for your next outdoor party. Reviewer moorebells gave this recipe 5-stars stating, "Such a nice, light and beautiful dessert! Working with phyllo can be daunting but this was a snap." We've kept it light with fat-free yogurt, and just a small amount of sugar. The real sweeteners here are strawberries, of course, complemented by honey. This is a light, crisp, and incredible dessert.
No-Cook Strawberry Ice Cream
Recipe: No-Cook Strawberry Ice Cream
You'll be amazed by how incredible this ice cream truly is. A velvety texture meets the sweet juiciness of summer strawberries in a cool summer delight. If ever there was a fruit of the season, the strawberry would belong to summer, so it might as well also be the flavor of that cools its incredible heat. This no-cook sensation can be ready quickly, so you don't even have to plan to get this together. Let it be the sweet treat for a family get-together, or the finish to a great casual dinner party. This will be your new favorite taste of summer.
- Recipe:Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Great vinaigrette is the perfect seasoning: it enhances whatever it flavors without being to evident, apparent, or overbearing. Too much and you wish you hadn't used it, too little and you wonder where the flavor is. Strawberry Vinaigrette gets it just right—it begins with Strawberry-Lemonade Jam, and then builds with a chorus of apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, herbs, and spices. Toss this pungent dressing starring Strawberry-Lemonade Jam with fresh baby spinach, kale, or mixed baby greens, some thinly sliced red onion, and toasted pecans. You'll have the perfect light summer salad.
Strawberry-Orange Shortcake Tart
- Recipe:Strawberry-Orange Shortcake Tart
- This delightful spring dessert more than merited running on our April 2010 cover—not just for its looks, but also for its sweet, summery taste. We couldn't think of a better way to show off the succulent taste and colorful presentation of strawberries, our pick for the South's most prized spring fruit. Add in a touch of orange marmalade, and this Strawberry-Orange Shortcake Tart is a subtle mix of sweet and tangy in every single bite.
- Baking the orange-marmalade-coated shortcake in a tart pan (available for under $15 at most supermarkets) produces a sweet-and-sturdy base for the berries and whipped cream.
Strawberry-Basil Frozen Yogurt
- Recipe:Strawberry-Basil Frozen Yogurt
- This easy dessert blends the simplicity of packaged plain Greek yogurt and whipping cream. It starts with the tastes of strawberries, chopped fresh basil, sugar, and lime zest. This means it only takes six ingredients to create this cool frozen classic. Reviewers love it. One described it as "very bright and creamy," while another said simply that the taste was "absolutely delicious." Either way you want to describe it the end result is the same: You will love every mouthful. What's even better is that this can be put together in almost no time, and with ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen. Enjoy the tastes of homemade desserts and the pleasures of the season without spending all day in the kitchen.
Recipe: Strawberry Salsa
Salsas can be great ways to bring unique flavors to any meal, but most often when people think about salsas they expect them to be all about the tomatoes. Not this time. Our Strawberry Salsa is a confetti of bright, sunny flavors that adds an over-the-top finish to grilled pork, beef, chicken, or even fried catfish. Made with fresh strawberries, sweetened dried cranberries, and an avocado, then seasoned with great herbs and spices including, crushed red pepper, and cilantro, this really is a new, sweeter twist on the traditional south-of-the-border flavors. This may well become your new favorite salsa.
Recipe: Strawberry Bruschetta
Strawberry Bruschetta are like little tastes of summer. The baguette pieces are the perfect base for smooth and slightly salty goat cheese that gets toasted to golden-brown, bubbly perfection. Then, sliced fresh strawberries, nectarines, grape tomatoes, and a range of great-tasting fresh herbs and spices get generously spooned on top. These are the perfect mouthful of crisp, creamy, and fresh tastes in a single bite. Serve this easy recipe at your next ladies' luncheon or shower. These bite-size pieces are perfect for appetizers. You may be standing by the table enjoying these all evening.
Strawberry Caprese Salad
- Recipe:Strawberry Caprese Salad
- Strawberries substitute for tomatoes in this twist on the classic caprese salad that celebrates all the tastes of spring. Chopped fresh basil, small mozzarella cheese balls, and halved fresh strawberries blend with vinegar, sugar, herbs, and spices to make this delicious salad. Serve over fresh arugula or as an appetizer with toasted French bread baguette slices. Garnish this salad with fresh basil. Chill everything for two hours, and then let it stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. You'll love how the flavors come together in every bite.
Strawberry Chicken Salad
- Recipe:Strawberry Chicken Salad
- This easy salad full of fresh strawberries, crisp lettuce, and toasted pecans is the epitome of spring. Adding in chopped chicken can turn this salad from a side dish to a meal, but it keeps everything light and is still perfect for your outdoor summer lunch or dinner table. The chopped toasted pecans bring in just the right amount of crunch. We've used lettuce here, but this salad will also pair with many of your other favorite greens. A bottled poppy-seed dressing also keeps preparation time to a minimum while making the flavors of this light, quick-fix supper sensational.
Recipe: Strawberry Salsa
Don't be fooled: Strawberries are the stars here. But, throw in cool and creamy avocado, crunchy baby radishes, lime juice, and cilantro and you'll have a brand-new favorite salsa that will leave everyone at the party asking for the recipe. Serve this salsa over our Grilled Chicken Cutlets at dinnertime or with hearty pita chips when you're looking for the perfect appetizer. Where this Strawberry Salsa really complex is where it mixes in just a little bit of heat: a quarter-teaspoon of black pepper, and some finely chopped chives add in just that right amount of spice to offset the delicate sweetness of the strawberries and the bite of the lime.