Simple Sides Dishes
Perk up supper with flavor and nutrition with these tasty sides.
Side Dish Recipes
- Mixed Green Salad With Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
- Orange-Ginger-Glazed Carrots
- Crispy 'Fried' Onion Rings
- Beer-Battered 'Fried' Onion Rings
Add zip to your meals with these delicious sides. Not only do they complement most entrées, but they also deliver healthful benefits. With few ingredients, all offer easy preparation, attractive presentation, and great taste.
- Replacing saturated fats and trans fats with monounsaturated fats (such as those found in avocados) can help reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Carrots, the richest vegetable source of vitamin A, promote good vision while protecting against cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Onion Ring Step-by-Step
Follow these simple steps for fantastic "fried" onion rings.
- Using a sharp knife, cut onion into thin slices, and separate into rings.
- Dredge onion rings in flour, and dip into buttermilk mixture; then dredge again in flour.
- Cooking the rings in oil for a short time gives them a fried flavor without the calories.
- Finish up the rings by baking them at 400° for 3 minutes on each side.