Plain or Fancy Christmas Cakes
Amaze your guests with these simply beautiful Bundts. They're so easy--but only you will know.
Easy Christmas Cake Recipes
- Vanilla Butter Cake
- Sparkling Peppermint Candy
- Clear Sparkling Peppermint Candy
- Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Praline Bundt Cake
- Sugared Pecans
Good to the last crumb, a Bundt cake is as grand as a layer cake but far less fussy. A gentle tap sends it tumbling from one pan, perfectly fluted and party ready. Plus, our creations work for any occasion. Dress them up or simply present them with a light dusting of powdered sugar, either way they're fabulous. They also freeze beautifully, feed a houseful of guests, and travel remarkably well. Just don't expect to bring back any leftovers.
Related: Happiest Christmas Menus Ever
This glittery candy, developed by Test Kitchens Pro Kristi Michele Crowe, makes a spectacular finish for Vanilla Butter Cake. For a special touch, brush the cake stand rim with corn syrup, and roll it in clear sparkling sugar.
- Cake recipes often yield different amounts of batter, so it's a good idea to double-check the size of your Bundt pan by filling it to the rim with cups of water. Depending on the brand, a 10-inch pan may hold 10, 12, or 14 cups. If you use a smaller pan than is called for in a recipe, fill the pan no more than one-half to two-thirds full. Refrigerate the remaining batter up to 1½ hours, return to room temperature, and bake as cupcakes or miniature loaf cakes.
Related: Showstopping Christmas Cake Recipes
- Beware of the bright-colored silicone Bundt pans. Results vary, but many buckle when heated and bake unevenly, producing lopsided cakes that stick to the pan.
- To ensure a Bundt cake releases easily from the pan, use a pastry brush to generously coat the inside with solid vegetable shortening. Then sprinkle with flour, tilting and tapping the pan to evenly cover all the narrow crevices. If the pan has a nonstick coating, vegetable cooking spray made especially for baking, such as Pam with Flour or Crisco with Flour, works equally well.