Guests Are Coming
It's the little things that make houseguests feel warm and welcome. Set up their room as a private retreat where a cup of tea and a catnap are pure pleasure.
Providing for guests' minute-to-minute needs with beverages, snacks, toiletries, extra pillows, and blankets will ensure their comfort and give you some quiet time as well. In fact, while you're playing concierge, tuck some of these treats into your room to enjoy at the end of a busy day. Such special touches will ensure sweet dreams for everyone.
Bedside Sweet Treats for Special Guests:
The Extra Touches
Be sure your guestroom is well-stocked. Spend a quiet hour relaxing there yourself to discover which additional amenities you want to add. Here are a few suggestions.
- CD player/FM radio--relaxing music and station guide
- scented candle, matches, and snuffer
- current magazines
- quick-read books (The Little Prince, A Child's Christmas in Wales)
- spa-style shampoo and soap
- extra pillows
- postcards and stamps
- assorted tea bags
- a thermos or teapot of hot water
- snacks for between meals or before bedtime
"Guests Are Coming" is from the December 2003 issue of Southern Living.