Make all your friends an inexpensive minty treat.
Valentine's Day is on the horizon, and you might be trying to come up with something cute and giftable that’s also affordable enough to give to your whole crew. This easy-to-make lip balm will only take five minutes to whip up and comes with a benefit most sweet Valentine’s Day treats don’t—it’s calorie free. The recipe below will make about 8 oz., and depending on the size container you choose, you can make for a group of 5 to 50. Here, we’ve linked to 5ml plastic containers that should yield about 45 lip balms. Sounds like you’ve got the presents for your fellow church choir members figured out!
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons beeswax
- 12 drops peppermint essential oil
- Small balm containers
- Heat coconut oil and beeswax in a pourable microwave-safe measuring cup in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Add essential oil and blend well.
- Pour into empty lip balm tubes or pots. Allow to cool and give away!