The Best Makeup Sponges for a Flawless Look
Behind every enviable complexion is a makeup sponge that's getting the job done. And, before you think this is one for the kids, we encourage you to give it a try. For camouflaging fine lines, and feigning that youthful glow, there's nothing quite like a makeup blending sponge. The Original Beauty Blender sets the standard in beauty sponges and is an absolute no-brainer if money is no object. If you're looking for more precise application for concealer or tight areas around the nose or lips, try a makeup sponge for concealer.
Before you get started, read the instructions on the best way to use your new makeup sponge. Most sponges will need to be moistened with the excess water squeezed out before using with makeup. They will likely expand once wet, though it should shrink back down once dry.
Because makeup sponges absorb some of your makeup with each use, it's important to clean them regularly. They can harbor bacteria that can cause breakouts and even infections if you get lackadaisical about giving it a good and thorough suds session. A cleanser that's specifically designed for makeup brushes and sponges can help keep your sponge in tip-top shape. Now that you have all the details on selecting the best makeup sponge and how to care for it, take a gander through a few of our favorite makeup sponges for every job.
- Best Overall Makeup Sponge: BEAKEY 5 Pcs Makeup Sponge Set, $8.99; amazon.com
- Best Drugstore Makeup Sponge: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponges, $17/99; walgreens.com
- Best Sponge for Makeup Application: BeautyBlender Original, $18; amazon.com
- Best Makeup Remover Sponge: Face Halo Reusable Makeup Remover Pads, $22; amazon.com
- Best Silicone Makeup Sponge: Swisspers Premium Silicone Make Up Blending Sponge, $6.95; amazon.com
- Best Cheap Makeup Sponge: BEAKEY Makeup Sponge, 10 pcs, $7.97; amazon.com
- Best Makeup Sponge for Concealer: e.l.f. Camo Concealer Sponge, $6; target.com
- Best Makeup Sponge for Liquid Foundation: Aesthetica Cosmetics Beauty Sponge Blender, $3.97; amazon.com