Even though we picked up some more daylight with the recent time change, for me at least, it seems there's almost never enough hours in the day. Such a problem can become especially evident when it's time to put dinner on the table. However, instead of 'giving in' to takeout, I always advise simplifying my approach, and yes, even relying on a shortcut or two to create a home cooked meal that's healthy, tasty, and satisfying.
This simple meal can all be prepped and prepared in less than thirty minutes--which is faster than any delivery service. Store bought pesto is a big time saver, but always feel free to make it on your own for an added kick of goodness.
Pesto + Sun-dried Tomato Shrimp Pasta
- 1 lb. whole wheat Rotini pasta
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 lbs fresh large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups prepared pesto
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook for 10 - 11 minutes, or al dente. Drain pasta and set aside to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat; add shrimp. Saute shrimp for 3 - 4 minutes, or until just pink and firm. Add pasta, tomatoes, and pesto to the pan and toss until thoroughly combined and shrimp are cooked through. Transfer to a platter and serve.
*Serves 4. Can also be served at room temp/cold.