Weeknight Supper: Pesto + Sun-Dried Tomato Shrimp Pasta
Even though we picked up some more daylight with the recent time change, for me at least, it seems there's almost never enough hours in the day. Such a problem can become especially evident when it's time to put dinner on the table. However, instead of 'giving in' to takeout, I always advise simplifying my approach, and yes, even relying on a shortcut or two to create a home cooked meal that's healthy, tasty, and satisfying.
This simple meal can all be prepped and prepared in less than thirty minutes--which is faster than any delivery service. Store bought pesto is a big time saver, but always feel free to make it on your own for an added kick of goodness.
Pesto + Sun-dried Tomato Shrimp Pasta
- 1 lb. whole wheat Rotini pasta
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 lbs fresh large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups prepared pesto
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook for 10 - 11 minutes, or al dente. Drain pasta and set aside to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, add olive oil to a skillet over medium heat; add shrimp. Saute shrimp for 3 - 4 minutes, or until just pink and firm. Add pasta, tomatoes, and pesto to the pan and toss until thoroughly combined and shrimp are cooked through. Transfer to a platter and serve.
*Serves 4. Can also be served at room temp/cold.