No matter how you say it, pralines are a southern staple that you can't resist, especially on National Praline Day. From almonds to pecans and white sugar to brown, this sweet treat has come a long way since 1750 Louisiana.
As a child, I could often be found with a praline in my hand. I was even known to fall asleep with a half-eaten praline in my mouth. Now that I am older, there are even more ways to enjoy my favorite dessert. Here are four of my favorite recipes that celebrate the praline:
2. Add a little fruit to your praline with Blackberry-Peach Cobbler with Praline-Pecan Streusel.
3. The Praline Pull-Apart Bread is something to snack on throughout the day.
If you want the sweet taste of a praline without all the work, here are a few famous kitchens that will ship them right to your door.
1. Savannah's Candy Kitchen Savannah, GA
2. Leah's Pralines New Orleans, LA
3. Leon's Candy Nashville, TN