What to Write in a Get Well Card
If a family member or a friend is under the weather, one easy way to make them feel loved is with a personal note. Sending a get well card—either individually or crowdsourcing well wishes with an office or a group of friends—is a thoughtful gesture that won't go unnoticed by the recipient. You'll bring a bit of cheer to their bedside with this gesture of kindness and love. If you really want to go above and beyond, consider sending a small trinket—a low-maintenance plant or a container of Soulful Chicken Soup—in addition to the card.
But what should you write in a get well card? What is the appropriate thing to say to someone who's under the weather? From short phrases to inspirational Bible verses, we've compiled our favorite well-wishes for every circumstance. So next time a friend, coworker, or family member is feeling down, write out a heartfelt card and include these sincere sayings, quotes, or Bible verses in your message. Maybe even add in one of the things your Southern Mama would say when you were sick as an extra-nostalgic touch.
Short and Heartfelt Get Well Wishes
- Feel better.
- Take it easy.
- Praying for a full, speedy recovery!
- Take as much time as you need to care for yourself.
- Thinking of you.
- A good laugh and a good sleep are the best cure.
- Anxiously waiting to see you again. Get well soon.
- We're all sending our best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery.
- You will do more than just get better; you will be better than you were before.
- Know that you are missed and loved greatly. Looking forward to seeing you again soon, friend.
- Get well soon! Everyone here misses your contagious smile and spirit.
- Looking forward to having you back in the office when you're ready!
- May you be blessed with good health and a speedy recovery.
- Sending good wishes for a fast recovery.
- Know that this too shall pass. Looking forward to seeing you healthy and lively soon.
- I hate to see you feeling blue so here is my get-well wish to you.
- Sending a bit of sunshine to brighten your day. Get well soon, dear friend.
- I hope you find fast healing with each and every day.
- Remember to give yourself the gift of time during your recovery.
- Miss seeing you around here. Get well soon!
- Sending lots of love and prayers.
- Get plenty of peaceful rest so you can heal quickly!
Funny Get Well Messages
- I'm not a doctor…but they do say that duct tape fixes everything!
- Hurry up and get better so we can hang out again.
- You must have forgotten to eat your apple. Now you have to see the doctor.
- Being sick is just your body's way of telling you you're way too awesome, and you need to slow down so everyone else can catch up.
- If your immune system was a lawyer, I would fire it. It doesn't seem to be defending you well enough.
- I know you wanted some time off work but this was a bit extreme!
- Get well soon and come back. We are all waiting to know how the hospital food tastes.
- I had bought some of your favorite chocolates but your doctor said you're not allowed to eat them. So, will you get well soon or should I eat them all?
- Petitioning God for your fast recovery.
- Feel better, but in the meantime please keep a safe distance!
- Don't you get out there breathing that night air, or you'll be sick again.
Get Well Bible Verses
- "The LORD will sustain him upon his sickbed; In his illness, You restore him to health." Psalm 41:3
- "For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 30:17
- "Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak. Heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony." Psalm 6:2
- "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3
- "Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body." Proverbs 16:24
- "Lord, your discipline is good, for it leads to life and health. You restore my health and allow me to live!" Isaiah 38:16
- "Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise." Jeremiah 17:14
- "Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security." Jeremiah 33:6
- "And the power of the Lord was with him to heal." Luke 5:17
Famous Get Well Quotes
- "It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver." – Mahatma Gandhi
- "Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health." – Carl Jung
- "True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment." – William Penn
- "The greatest wealth is health." – Virgil
- "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." – Hippocrates
- "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "You're in pretty good shape for the shape you are in." – Dr. Seuss
- "Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos – the trees, the clouds, everything." – Thich Nhat Hanh
- "Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional." – M. Kathleen Casey
- "The wish for healing has always been half of health." – Lucius Annaeus
- "Good health and good sense are two of life's greatest blessings." – Publilius Syrus
- "I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health." – Voltaire
- "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." – Benjamin Franklin
- "I stand in awe of my body." – Henry David Thoreau