12 Quotes About Southern Women That Are So True
Sugar, spice, and everything nice (until someone talks bad about Mama).
Tim McGraw said it best, "Ain't nothing in the whole wide world like a Southern girl", and we could not agree more. Sweet as can be until someone talks bad about Mama or refuses a second helping of dinner. Southern women are in a class of their own, captivating everyone they meet. Between Reese Witherspoon and even Winston Churchill, some wonderful things have been said about ladies who live south of the Mason-Dixon.
1. Southern women can say more with a cut of their eyes than a whole debate club's worth of speeches. - Allison Glock
2. I don't know a weak Southern woman. My mom says if you want something done, then ask a Southern woman. - Reese Witherspoon
3. Southern girls are God's gift to the entire male population. There is absolutely no woman finer than one raised below the Mason-Dixon line and once you go southern may the good Lord help you never go back. - Kenny Chesney
4. Southern Mamas are known for being subtle, like a freight train. - Shellie Rushing Tomlinson
5. There's something about Southern women that is so unique yet so universal. Strong southern women are allowed to be soft and feminine and have a sense of humor. But what I love about Southern women in particular is their universality. - Connie Britton
6. The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman. - Winston Churchill
WATCH: 12 Quotes About Southern Women That Are So True
7. She was so Southern that she cried tears that came straight from the Mississippi, and she always smelled faintly of cottonwood and peaches. - Sarah Addison Allen
8. You have to understand that women in the South, women of Southern blood, just don't partake in scandalous adventures, and when we do, it's in a discreet manner. We have reputations to consider, after all. - Blake O'Hara Heart
9. When a Southern woman offers you a homecooked meal, you're only rude if you refuse. That goes for seconds and thirds too, by the way. - Ruby Watts
10. Southern women are impossible to live with because they will never find a man who treats them like their daddy did. - Maryln Schwartz
11. For breakfast I have grits, because I'm a southern girl. - Shanola Hampton
12. To be born a Southern woman is to be made aware of your distinctiveness. And with it, the rules. The expectations. These vary some, but all follow the same basic template, which is, fundamentally, no matter what the circumstance, Southern women make the effort. Which is why even the girls in the trailer parks paint their nails. And why overstressed working moms still bake three dozen homemade cookies for the school fund-raiser. And why you will never see Reese Witherspoon wearing sweatpants. Or Oprah take a nap. - Allison Glock