In case you missed any of the games, Todd Talley recounts all of the action – including Nick Fitzgerald’s dominant performance in the Egg Bowl – along with his updated SEC Power Poll.
Game of the Week: Vanderbilt 45, Tennessee 34
Vandy clinched its first bowl bid since 2013 with a 45-34 victory over Tennessee in Nashville. Vandy quarterback Kyle Shurmur threw for 416 yards and two touchdowns, and Commodore running back Ralph Webb ran for 114 yards and two touchdowns in Vandy’s first ever win over a ranked Tennessee team. The Commodores have now won three of their last five contests against the Vols. "There's no need to say anything for 365 days," Vanderbilt defensive lineman Adam Butler said. "We own Tennessee."
Player of the Week: Nick Fitzgerald, Mississippi State
In Mississippi State’s 55-20 victory over Ole Miss, Bulldogs sophomore quarterback Nick Fitzgerald ran for 258 yards and two touchdowns and threw for 109 yards and three touchdowns. Fitzgerald finished the season with 1,243 rushing yards, which was the third highest total for a quarterback in SEC history (behind Cam Newton and Johnny Manziel). Fitzgerald also tied LSU running back Derrius Guice for the most rushing touchdowns in the SEC this season with 14.
SEC Power Poll
- Alabama (12-0) – defeated Auburn 30-12
- Florida (8-3) – lost to Florida State 31-13
- Auburn (8-4) – lost to Alabama 30-12
- LSU (7-4) – defeated Texas A&M 54-39
- Texas A&M (8-4) – lost to LSU 54-39
- Tennessee (8-4) – lost to Vanderbilt 45-34
- Arkansas (7-5) – lost to Missouri 28-24
- Kentucky (7-5) – defeated Louisville 41-38
- Georgia (7-5) – lost to Georgia Tech 28-27
- Vanderbilt (6-6) – defeated Tennessee 45-34
- South Carolina (6-6) – lost to Clemson 56-7
- Mississippi State (5-7) – defeated Ole Miss 55-20
- Ole Miss (5-7) – lost to Mississippi State 55-20
- Missouri (4-8) – defeated Arkansas 28-24