In case you missed any of the games, Todd Talley recounts all of the action—including Les Miles’ final game as the head coach at LSU—along with his updated SEC Power Poll.
The weekend was highlighted by Tennessee’s 38-28 victory over Florida. The Volunteers trailed 21-0 early in the game but rallied behind 5 touchdowns from Joshua Dobbs (4 passing and 1 rushing) in the second half to finally end their 11 game losing streak to the Gators.
Game of the Week: Auburn 18, LSU 13
Behind six field goals from kicker Daniel Carlson, Auburn won a thrilling contest over LSU. With one second remaining in the game, LSU quarterback Danny Etling threw a 15 yard touchdown pass to D.J. Chark in the back of the end zone to seemingly earn LSU a 19-18 victory. However, the officials reviewed the play and determined that the clock had already expired when Etling received the snap. There was an approximately 90 second delay prior to the final play, and thus, LSU head coach Les Miles received much criticism for not having his squad lined up and ready to snap the ball. On Sunday, LSU fired Miles and has named former Ole Miss head coach Ed Orgeron to the position.
Player of the Week: Trevor Knight, Texas A&M
In Texas A&M’s 45-24 victory over Arkansas, quarterback Trevor Knight rushed for 157 yards, passed for 225 yards, and accounted for four touchdowns (two rushing and two passing). Knight’s 92 yard touchdown pass to Josh Reynolds late in the third quarter gave the Aggies a 24-17 lead that they would never relinquish.
SEC Power Poll
- Alabama (4-0) – defeated Kent State 48-0
- Texas A&M (4-0) – defeated Arkansas 45-24
- Tennessee (4-0) – defeated Florida 38-28
- Ole Miss (2-2) – defeated Georgia 45-14
- Arkansas (3-1) – lost to Texas A&M 45-24
- Florida (3-1) – lost to Tennessee 38-28
- Auburn (2-2) – defeated LSU 18-13
- LSU (2-2) – lost to Auburn 18-13
- Georgia (3-1) – lost to Ole Miss 45-14
- Mississippi State (2-2) – defeated Massachusetts 47-35
- Missouri (2-2) – defeated Delaware State 79-0
- Kentucky (2-2) – defeated South Carolina 17-10
- South Carolina (2-2) – lost to Kentucky 17-10
- Vanderbilt (2-2) – defeated Western Kentucky 31-30 (OT)