8 Southern Businesses (Co-)Owned By Celebrities
1. Exodus Goods – New Orleans, LA Co-owned by Solange Knowles and fashion-forward sisters Darlene and Lizzy Okpo, Exodus Goods is an eclectic blend of old-school hip hop, vibrant colors, and avant-garde design. Find everything from bright kaftans to Brazilian combs to dainty jewelry.
2. Draper James – Nashville, TN If you've seen the brand's adorable Instagram feed, you'll know that this classic 'Southern Belle' clothing line is owned by Reese Witherspoon. One of our beloved belles, herself – Reese created the brand to celebrate her Southern heritage, titling the brand after her grandmother and grandfather.
3. Single Lock Records – Florence, AL If you're still mourning the break-up of Grammy Award-winning duo Civil Wars, you can find John Paul White working his magic at Single Lock Records. Co-owned by Ben Tanner, White, and Will Trapp, the record label represents some of the best up-and-coming artists, like St. Paul and the Broken Bones.
4. V Starr Designs – Jupiter, FL Florida's interior design world has been taken by storm by tennis pro-turned-CEO Venus Williams. Armed with a team of talented designers, V Starr Designs has transformed spaces for Botaniko in Weston, FL; Town at Pembroke Pines in Pembroke Pines, FL; and The Intercontinental in Miami, FL.
5. Walton's Fancy and Staple – Austin, TX This cherished Texas deli was first established in 1969 as a florist and nursery locale, but was purchased and moved in 2009 to Austin's Market District by Virginia-born actress Sandra Bullock. Don't fill up on the farm-fresh entrees, though – we recommend saving room for desserts like Parisian Macarons and Honey-Bee Cake.
6. White's Mercantile – Nashville, TN and Franklin, TN If you're looking for the best Southern products, White's Mercantile is the place to find them. Owned and operated by singer/songwriter Holly Williams – daughter of Hank Williams Jr. – this shop has an old-timey general store feel with jewelry, gourmet food, home décor, and Southern art.
7. Margaritaville – various locations Made famous by the King of Relaxation Jimmy Buffett, this chain of restaurants has a beachy vibe, a stellar 5 O'Clock Somewhere margarita, and daily live entertainment. Also check out Buffett's sister Lulu's seaside restaurant in both Gulf Shores and Destin.
8. Dixie Stampede – Pigeon Forge, TN and Branson, MO This list would be nowhere near complete without business tycoon and one of our favorite Southern icons, Dolly Parton. In addition to having her own theme park, the bubbly blonde has a Dixie Stampede dinner theatre in both Tennessee and Missouri. The show features thirty-two horses, crazy costumes, top-notch trick riders, and music written and recorded by Dolly herself.