9 Pinterest Accounts Every Southern Girl Should Follow
- Category: DIY
- Start Pinning: Twin Stripe
- Why You Should Follow: For all things home and crafts for the modern woman on a budget, look no further than Twin Stripe. Katie Williamsen of Greensboro, North Carolina, is a self-proclaimed lover of glitter and glassware. And, boy oh boy, does she know how to put on the glitz to elevate everyday household items into something bright and spectacular for guests to really ogle at. Case in point: The floral monogram wreath pictured above that we can’t wait to recreate this spring.
Spicy Southern Kitchen
- Category: Food
- Start Pinning: Spicy Southern Kitchen
- Why You Should Follow: It’s pretty obvious we love creating recipes with a little soul around here. So when searching for a Pinterest account to echo that same sentiment, we came across the Southern belle behind Spicy Southern Kitchen. It’s all in the name, as Christin Mahrlig whips up spicy and comforting classics that follow tradition in Southern kitchens.
Southern Curls & Pearls
- Category: Style and Beauty
- Start Pinning: Southern Curls & Pearls
- Why You Should Follow: Caitlin Coving is the fashionista behind Southern Curls & Pearls. Her Pinterest account includes an amazing mash-up of DIY inspiration and recipes, but it’s really her unique sense of Southern style and beauty that makes us swoon. Expect to see tons of cozy essentials, stripes, and feminine frocks every Southern girl can appreciate.
La Dolce Vita
- Category: Home Interior
- Start Pinning: La Dolce Vita
- Why You Should Follow: Just one glimpse at the boards carefully curated by interior designer Paloma Contreras, and you can see why the details are important. From creative ideas to spruce up outdoor spaces and tabletops to colorful inspiration for the kitchen and bedroom, La Dolce Vita’s boards will have you mixing, matching, and rearranging your home in no time.
Southern Weddings Magazine
Start Pinning: Southern Weddings Magazine
Why You Should Follow: For any bride-to-be who's planning her nuptials in the South, let Southern Weddings help you get your creative nuptial juices flowing. You’ll want to repin everything to ensure your big day goes off without a hitch.
- Category: Gardening
- Start Pinning: Southern Hospitality
- Why You Should Follow: Rhoda is the kind of Southern woman we’d love to share a cold iced tea with on the front porch. And, we think it’s pretty awesome she invites her readers and pinners alike into her home and garden. Don’t have a green thumb? That’s okay. The Atlanta native’s Pinterest account and blog makes us all feel like beauty can be achieved effortlessly both in and outside the home.
- Category: Entertaining
- Start Pinning: Julie Blanner
- Why You Should Follow: Julie Blanner is the brains behind a lifestyle and entertaining blog, as well as the creator of carefully curated boards featuring unique tablescaping ideas, recipes, gifts, home decor, and all the things a Southern girl needs in her arsenal to live her most stylish life yet.
This is My South
- Category: Travel
- Start Pinning: This is My South
- Why You Should Follow: The South has deep roots, and we welcome anyone who can bring its stories, distinctive food and culture, and unique accents to life. Caroline Eubanks and the team at This is My South do just that, delivering a comprehensive travel guide on the best places to shop, eat, and play in the South. Pick your next road trip and vacation destination using her Pinterest boards, which are completely devoted to the region we’re all proud to call home.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Start Pinning: Southern Living
- Why You Should Follow: And, of course, it would be a disservice to create this list without mentioning all of the edible and stylish content we’re currently sharing on Pinterest. If you haven’t followed us already, you’re missing out on all the charm and character just waiting to be discovered in every corner of the South.