We were all stunned yesterday when snow storms gripped parts of the South, including our hometown of Birmingham. This morning there are still people stranded, and we're praying for their safety.
As those of us in Alabama and affected states try to get home, we're counting our blessings for the good things that have happened and how Southerners have risen to the occasion. All of these shots were taken today in Birmingham by one editor trying to get home, and in the church (Parkwood Church of God) that has taken her and 50 other strangers in.
We're thankful that today Southerners:
1. Have helped each other push cars stuck on the roads, no questions asked:
2. Opened doors of businesses, homes, and churches for shelter:
3. Prepared warm meals and shared with neighbors in need:
4. Have been happy to lend a hand, even when going through challenging times themselves:
5. Are prepared to offer up kindness smiles, even when they haven't slept in 24 hours:
Share the acts of kindness and generosity you saw during the snowstorms below or with hashtag #southernsnow.